You can type here any text you want

new motor, no spark what so ever!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboBuick86

Hello everyone, I have tried and read and searched up as much as I can on the subject of the motor not having any spark. The coil is new, ignition module is new, crank sensor is new, ive checked all fuses and all are good, and all wiring is setup up correctly. Im considering ordering the cam sensor tool with led so see if its wrong, but from what it says is that it works the fuel, not spark. Ive been bummed on this for the last 72 hours so if anyone might have a slight clue or tip plz do say. Thank you all!

About the crank sensor , I placed it as close as can be without it breaking when the turns but I'm not sure if this is the correct placement...

About the crank sensor , I placed it as close as can be without it breaking when the turns but I'm not sure if this is the correct placement...

The crank sensor air gap is set at .025 on each side of the reluctor blade.

John :smile:

fire

here check this out --The crankshaft and camshaft sensors are
connected directly to the module. The module
receives and sends a reference and camshaft
signal to the ECM. During cranking, the module
receives a signal from the crankshaft sensor;
however, it will not fire the coils until it sees a
reference pulse from the camshaft sensor. Once
it receives the camshaft pulse, it will fire the
coils in the proper sequence. If the camshaft
signal is lost after the engine is running, it will
continue to run, but it will not re-start once the
engine is shut off. The module will not fire the
coils because it doesn’t know when #1 cylinder
is at top dead center; therefore, it cannot determine
the proper firing sequence. If at any time
the crankshaft signal is lost, a loss of spark will
occur immediately.

The crank sensor air gap is set at .025 on each side of the reluctor blade.

John :smile:

I used the plastic bottle method. Cut two slices from a plastic coke bottle and stack them. Use those as a feeler gauge to adjust the crank sensor.
Cheap, but effective.

How about the coolant temp sensor and the inlet air temp sensor? Are they plugged in and working? This is easy to verify if you have a Scanmaster or equivalent.

How about the coolant temp sensor and the inlet air temp sensor? Are they plugged in and working? This is easy to verify if you have a Scanmaster or equivalent.

I thought the coolant temp sensor controlled fuel?
The inlet air temp sensor shouldn't matter. I drove for a week without mine after I got my CAI. I didn't have a bit to drill the who for it.

Hello everyone, I have tried and read and searched up as much as I can on the subject of the motor not having any spark. The coil is new, ignition module is new, crank sensor is new, ive checked all fuses and all are good, and all wiring is setup up correctly. Im considering ordering the cam sensor tool with led so see if its wrong, but from what it says is that it works the fuel, not spark. Ive been bummed on this for the last 72 hours so if anyone might have a slight clue or tip plz do say. Thank you all!

check all your ground wires in wire harness behind coil pack(the ones that bolt to head and intake).Had same problem and had to redue all ground wires with new connectors and that was it.

Do you have service engine soon with the key on engine not running?

Back