You can type here any text you want

new need help 80 malibu lc2 swapp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbomali

i got 80 malibu and need help im putting a 87 grand national motor in it but yes need help on wat do i got to do? i got the motor in already but i need help with my transmission crossmember wont fit and wat else does it need ? thanks

early cars didnt have 4 speed autos so they didnt have the bracket welded on the frame that the later cars had, i would buy new fuel and return lines for a gn and replace them but you might be able to get around this.fuel injected tank and sending unit and fuel pump.8.5 rear maybe and 8.5 driveshaft.gn dash harness or be able to modify your malibu one to work not sure which way is easier. probably a gn exhaust system. not sure how complete your gn engine is but pretty much everything related to it is a 2 year deal 86-87 gn/t type/turbo t.

if you need some of these missing parts i can probably help. might wanna post your location for local help.

I got the gn dash in rear end ..but having problems wid the crossmember ?

well like the guy above posted.. you need to weld the brackets to the frame. they r in a different location.. very easy to do.

That part works well. I have used it on my 1980 El Camino to LC2 swap.You will also have to change the wiper motor to the Buick Regal one.
If you have any more questins feel free to ask.

Regards,
Juan

ya how about the fuel lines ? can u used te same pump off the gn ? cus i have the whole gas tank ...and to mont the motor i yes need to move my motor mounts rite i got the motor in yes making sure if is rite? thanks

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread. turbomali, are you saying that you put the Grand National dashboard in the Malibu?

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread. turbomali, are you saying that you put the Grand National dashboard in the Malibu?

Not sure if he is doing it but i have seen them swapped into malibus and elcaminos along with the gn drivetrain

ya i got the gn dash already in motor in rear end in jus need my crossmemeber and wiring and fuel and i got ad aftermarket intercooler that is huge and having alot of problems to fit it but is almost there ill post pics up by next week ...thanks

Back