NEW product from CHAMPION

III'S 87 GN

champion plate2.jpg
champion plate3.jpg
champion plate5.jpg
I was at Champion last week and said to Tom and Bill it sure would be nice to have an engine lift plate to pull motors out and move them around.

to my surprise this showed up at my shop today !

it is adjustable for engine tilt and will work with stock intake or Champion intake.

Very cool

Thank you
Tom, Bill and the guys at Champion

They made a program on there CNC machine so give them a call to buy 1 or 2.

Champion Racing Heads
13 Hargrove Grade
Palm Coast, FL 32137-5114
Phone (386) 446-4488
Fax (386) 446-2090

Nice piece. I like how it from an idea to a product on your doorstep in a week, but I waited 6 weeks for a set of rockers from them, only to recieve them short a pair or rockers. They were sold to another customer that "needed them" (apparently more than me) and I had to wait another 2 weeks for the missing 2 to ship directly from T&D. I guess my $ is less green? Good thing I didn't need them for mock up and final assembly after I received pushrods in 1 day.

Now we know who has the pull at Champion...Next time I need something from them I will tell them I am Don Cruz, maybe he will call me back then...LOL

Bryan

I'm not risking my motor being held in the air by 4 tiny bolts that are known to strip. The hrparts and stuff strap is where it's at.
Exactly what I thought when I saw this. I love the idea but in a 20 year old aluminum housing?

I'm not risking my motor being held in the air by 4 tiny bolts that are known to strip. The hrparts and stuff strap is where it's at.

ya know I am thinkin the same thing.. I did have one like that years ago but it left on an engine an never came back.. SHOCKER :eek: I don't use a chain anymore.. I use a seat belt on the exhaust manifold bolts.. That way it doesn't scratch pretty cool guy motor parts ;)

View attachment 157510View attachment 157511View attachment 157512 I was at Champion last week and said to Tom and Bill it sure would be nice to have an engine lift plate to pull motors out and move them around.

to my surprise this showed up at my shop today !

it is adjustable for engine tilt and will work with stock intake or Champion intake.

Very cool

Thank you
Tom, Bill and the guys at Champion

They made a program on there CNC machine so give them a call to buy 1 or 2.

Champion Racing Heads
13 Hargrove Grade
Palm Coast, FL 32137-5114
Phone (386) 446-4488
Fax (386) 446-2090
I will take at least 1.

I'm sure it will hold just fine or else Don would not use it as many times as he pulls his MOTOR.;)

for the guys worried about striped bolts if you dont realize this putting it on maybe you are correct this is not for you !

Thanks for a pretty cool product CHAMPION.

I thought the same exact thing when I seen this that just the 4 small bolts hold that? I would tell Tom to at least make another one to utilize ALL the bolts to hold it down instead of just those 4.... The use of the Plenum & Fuel rail holes would make it just that much more stronger!!

Nice idea, nice looking product for sure...

hey it def does work !!!! Its just that I get a sick feeling about the "what if's" (prob an old age thing) :D I'd like it to with the extra bolts from the fuel rail :cool:

each of those tiny bolts in that 25 year old aluminum are more than strong enough to lift your car off the ground, so that tiny little V6 won't strain them at all.
i've personally used my carb lift plate to take a fully dressed 454 (exhaust manifolds, all front accessories, starter, full of oil and water jackets full of water, etc) with an older aluminum intake and complete TH400 out of a 74 Suburban i was parting out, and i used that same lift plate bolted to the Weiand intake on the stock 350 in my 74 Monte Carlo to lift the whole front end off the ground and let it hang there for a while just because..

My Buick mechanic made a plate like this for himself years ago. He's pulled his motors numerous times, mine once, and many others. It uses the same four bolts as this plate and an engine has never fallen off yet...

My Buick mechanic made a plate like this for himself years ago. He's pulled his motors numerous times, mine once, and many others. It uses the same four bolts as this plate and an engine has never fallen off yet...
Yeah, it always looks freaky for a big block to be lifted by a four bolt carb plate, but they work just fine.