New Quiet Ride Hood Liner review

VtheGNMan

I'd been in the market for an aftermarket hood liner for quite some time. I was shocked at the lack of aftermarket ones and the price of OEM look alikes.
I stumbled across a company with licensing agreements with GM so they can offer legit logos. I ordered their Grand National logo hoodliner. Thought I would give a little review on it in case any one else was considering them.
Company's name is Quiet Ride out of Cali. I have no affiliation whatsoever with them. They construct their hood liners out of high temp abs. I talked to them about the added heat of the turbo and he said as long as you run the heat shield in place, it should not be an issue at all. Their hoodliner kits are reasonably priced and comes with additional heat shielding to apply under the liner directly to the hood, spray can of adhesive to attach that heat shielding, heat seam tape and a bag of hood plugs to attach the actual hood liner with.
The logo has a raised letter logo to it, allowing it to be painted if desired. Pics are before and after I painted it. A clear coat too was given to seal everything. Wipes right clean with water.
I really like the look. The letter really jump out being raised and painted.

There are a couple cons I will mention. I'm not sure what hood they used as a template for this liner but it was not a TR hood. None of the holes were even close to lining up and I had to drill even more holes to mount it. I also had to trim it to fit. I cut about 2" off each side but it wasn't too difficult, I just used the stock one as a template. I had more than enough mounting plugs to use to plug each hole that came pre-drilled as well as use them to mount the liner like it should have been. The plugs are pretty small compared to the stock TR ones so they really are not that noticeable.
Probably the best bet for anyone ordering would be to just buy a blank hood liner with no holes and use their stock one as a template. I'm not sure if that is possible but it seems like the best bet until they change their mold.
Time will tell how it holds up. Took some time to mask off and paint the letters but it was worth it.
Hope this helps any one else who is looking for a hood liner.

Attachments

• 102_0492.JPG
    102_0492.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 781
  • 102_0494.JPG
    102_0494.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 736
  • 102_0504.JPG
    102_0504.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 672
  • 102_0507.JPG
    102_0507.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 866
Looks nice. Can't believe they would go through the process of making this and didn't bother to test on a hood ...

I think they probably used a standard Regal Hood. Stupid me didn't test fit or even hold it up until after I had painted it so I pretty much owned it by then anyway. Made the most of it. They were great to deal with though and I do really like the liner. Being they are not a paying vendor here either, I wanted to give the pros and cons. And maybe someone can learn from my mistake.

Looks pretty great! I'm with Phoneguy here though, why wouldn't they have used the correct hood.
Oh well. Still looks nice. Unfortunately, I do not run a turbo shield :-(

I like it a lot as well but I do not use a heat shield on my turbo.

Bryan

I don't like it if not an original one then none at all for me . As long as your happy with it for your enjoy :)

I don't see the logic behind putting the insulation under the liner. This only raises the under hood temps. A stock turbo shield, or an aftermkt wrap, will do all that's needed to protect the paint/liner.

Liner looks good. Nice job of painting the logo and letters.

I don't see the logic behind putting the insulation under the liner. This only raises the under hood temps. A stock turbo shield, or an aftermkt wrap, will do all that's needed to protect the paint/liner.
What's up Chuck? I would think that the insulation is their attempt at providing the heat shielding that the stock pad has. It may be to ward off lawsuits for heat faded hood paint or the burned hand of a child that touched the unshielded hood......maybe:unsure:

Liner looks good. Nice job of painting the logo and letters.

What's up Chuck? I would think that the insulation is their attempt at providing the heat shielding that the stock pad has. It may be to ward off lawsuits for heat faded hood paint or the burned hand of a child that touched the unshielded hood......maybe:unsure:

SSDD, Clay! :D
Slowly gaining some strength back..Bout got the wt where it needs to be.
Your probably right on the insulation. always gotta look out for the lawyers!
Good to hear you are back at it!(y)

Thanks for the compliments. With the raised letters and borders it was really pretty easy to paint, just stay within the lines. I masked it off and it made it easier. For someone with a smooth touch you wouldn't have to even do that. With the black background you just have to do enough coats to make the colors bright.
Cost. They list their prices in their catalog. I am hesitant to list it on here as I am not trying to endorse their product. But I will say it is cheaper than any other option I have seen with the logo and I actually like it better than the original. If you like the hoodliner just google Quiet Ride and look at their catalog.
Like I mentioned though if anyone orders, just order a blank with no holes or cut outs. It cuts really easy with a jigsaw. Just use your original hoodliner as a template.
I am undecided on my new GN whether to put this hood liner on it or order one blank so I only have the needed holes. But I like it so much one way or another it will be going on my new GN too!
They were supposed to be working on matching trunk lid liner too which would really dress up the truck lid.

My question for you is how far does it hang down? Most of us have clearance issues with the throttle body touching the liner. Thanks for your time posting this and I think it looks AWESOME!!!

Anyway we can get some outdoor pics with out a flash? Only if u have time!

Thanks Vader! I drove it in to work today so I'll see if I can snap another pic with sunlight helping instead of a flash or garage lights.
It sits very tight to the hood structure. And it is thinner than the original 1/2" material so you do gain a slight bit of room there. I have a 1/2" TB riser and the RJC Power Plate and I have no touching problems.

Thanks for the quick and informative reply!!! I bought the basic liner from GM and it already has marks on it from the TB. Looking forward to the pics!

Here you go. Outside pics. Pushing up on the hood liner there is a little slack there. If you really wanted to hold it tight you could add a plug or 2 and it would really pull it up tight. Even with the little slack I can't see any evidence of any rubbing on the vac block or the up-pipe. And being ABS if it was rubbing slightly it would be more resistant to showing those marks. If it started showing a mark you could wipe it clean and spray a little clear coat on and that would renew the glossy finish.

Attachments

• IMG_8737.JPG
    IMG_8737.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_8738.JPG
    IMG_8738.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 196
No problem! You guys share your wealth of knowledge all the time, at least I can contribute somewhere!

Just checked their online catalog again and since the prices are posted online I'll mention it. The full kit, GN logo'd hoodliner, insulation package, push pins and spray adhesive is $239.00. Shipping to Iowa was $30.