You can type here any text you want

new rear springs installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDSfastGN

I installed some OPG drop springs for an A body. They are listed as the 2" drop springs for the A-body and they typically drop a G-body about 3". Went and took a few pics. They didn't turn out that well but I'm pretty happy with the results. I had Eibachs that had the car sitting at 26" in the rear and these sit about 24.8" The front is 23.9 so it still has almost an inch or rake.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 450
looks awesome, do they wanna fall out super easy being so short?!
can you list part # for others in the future, I think this is the winnah!!

What kind of springs on the front and what shocks are you running on the back?

I am running QA1 economy coilovers up front. I run bilsteins in the back, but did manage to break one and drag it a couple miles on thursday night. Not sure if it was because its got 50,000+ hard miles or if lowering the rear has put it into a bind or at its limits. Gonna try and get some answers monday.

Looks perfect for a car with those kinda wheels. Sweet paint to.

Any rubbing front or rear?

nope nothing at all. Up front I did modify my inner fenderwell and in the back the frame is notched and fender lips rolled. But no rubbing at all right now.

JD, the car looks awesome!!!

I'm going to head to the parts store and find a part number for shorter shocks for us. I've been wanting to this for a while but just havent had a chance yet.

I'm going to head to the parts store and find a part number for shorter shocks for us. I've been wanting to this for a while but just havent had a chance yet.

Let me know what you find for sure. Have you run into a similar issue? I was considering making a shock relocation bracket of some sorts

looks great! but, does it work at the track or on the street? lol... i dont know if i want to compromise my short times.

looks great! but, does it work at the track or on the street? lol... i dont know if i want to compromise my short times.

Have not tried the track yet. I will probably put my old ones back in for the track though. On the street the car hooks pretty dang well. But it does have 11" wide wheels with drag radials

Let me know what you find for sure. Have you run into a similar issue? I was considering making a shock relocation bracket of some sorts

I will most certainly do that. It's a common problem with lowering springs but it depends how much the spring wants to fall out. At some point they can be just too short. I'm going to base the shock lenght to better accomodate the 5413 springs because they are a very comfortable spring in our cars. I'm sure your are probably similar height as those. If you do end up taking them out at some point, measure the loose height of them so I can compare.

Looks killer!

use BellTech 8512 ...i don't know what the technology is but they don't uncompress automatically when out of the car. anyway they hold the short 5413 springs in very well. no compliaints, they feel good. before the springs would fall right out. these are rated 2" shorter.

use BellTech 8512 ...i don't know what the technology is but they don't uncompress automatically when out of the car. anyway they hold the short 5413 springs in very well. no compliaints, they feel good. before the springs would fall right out. these are rated 2" shorter.

Those are definately a good option as well! I'm more looking for a shock that someone can go to the parts store and pick up when they order their 5413's.

But, yes, JD there's another option!

Car looks great. How's the ride? Im letting you figure out what works then I'll just copy you when the time comes. ;)

Car looks great. How's the ride? Im letting you figure out what works then I'll just copy you when the time comes. ;)

lol Thanks Bishir, it actually rides really nice. Its not a soft stock car but it rides very nice imo. I kinda got lucky with the combo, it handles great and corners flat but still rides very nice.

Back