New times from track visit yesterday

Originally posted by crazygn
your car runs in the 1/8 about what my car runs in the 1/4 , thats to funny:D

cant wait to check that video out:)

good job

I hope you meant "your car runs in the 1/4 about what mine runs in the 1/8"........otherwise you've got a pretty quick car! :eek:

Originally posted by Dan K
I hope you meant "your car runs in the 1/4 about what mine runs in the 1/8"........otherwise you've got a pretty quick car! :eek:

LOL ... I hope he meant mph wise :D

REDS HOT AIR

GREAT MPH AND E.T. That is my goal. My new combo should be ready in the next 3-4 weeks. It is very similar to yours. I'm not that greedy I only want 130 mph in the 1/4.:D I will be trying to accomplish it with stock maf. :eek: Great job with your Buick!

By my estimate, that is 9.20s @ 145 when you switch the drivetrain to the RX-7. They are going to require a chute on the 7 and that is no joke.

Congrats, man. That is hauling.

Wow. 133. Wow.

That is making some power. FWIW, my best has been a 10.25 with a similiar 60' so I believe you when you say it was spinning in 2nd. Does it tend to do it as boost ramps? My car tends to squirm but at the top of first gear. Your MPH is really awesome. I ran 131.4 @ 25 psi. I should add at considerably greater expense. That is an awesome accomplish. My only goal now is to get the Metro done before you get your RX-7 done so my car can be faster for a bit.

Jason was running 1.3X 60' times. If you had a tranny brake (not break), you'd be running 9's now!

Keep track of that rear-end. Walt's blew in one cataclismic explosion after many 1.3X - 60's.

I only wish I had as little as you invested to go that MPH. I'm more of a MPH whore than an ET man anyway. I think I'm gonna see what 30 psi feels like this year at BG. Hope your car is fixed and you can make it there !!

.....as a loud exhale is heard.. Now I can breath!!! Great JOB!!!

133 is SMOKEN

How is Chuck L's suspensin testing coming? Maybe he will have good results posted before you make another track visit?

I think I can help get the suspension set up if ya need some ideas. Just let me know...;)

A HUUUUGE CONGRATS TO YA!!!
ks:cool:

Nice run..

133 on stock pistons, and stock ported heads=:eek: :D .

SiCk pass, now for the questions! :D

what kind of 02's or egt numbers were you looking at during that pass, or any of the other 130++ passes? Are you running one of the new GT serious turbo's with a q-trim or still running the p-trim everyone has been using? Also, what was the DA and air temperature that day/night at the track? And finally, what is the car weighing in @ w/driver?

Nice run again,
-Alex

kinda in a rush now but:

hopefully video's will b ready to view tomarrow night...I have a guy putting them on computer for me tomarrow ..I hgave him the tape just a lil while ago

I got a short one of a nice burnout...the 10.41 at 133 pass then a slippery tranny breaking pass ..:D

If anyone has a good place to host them let me know

as fer da ?'s well 02 was never stable it floated up and down with rpm...we did the chip tuning with converter unlocked with little rpm drop on shifts but I run locked at track so it medded the tune up but "the man" ERIC is going to get that strait

;)

Turbo is a John Craig unit with p-trim exaust with garrett .82 exaust housing

far as weather I'd have to look..at www.mirdrag.com down bottom click on weather forcast and they have a history with detailed weather

the runs were mad this past friday with best pass around 5 oclock pm

yea Nasty I expect a rear end failure soon...think next time I go Im going to carry a spare...mine is bone stock bearings axles and all

My combo might be cheaper but I expect it wont last very long but we'll see I'm gonna keep tossin fuel to the fire till it quits ..
:D

ok gotta go make sum $ beez back l8r

This is right at my goal, this makes me feel I should be able to reach that goal now. I have less turbo and a slightly smaller cam then you but I have ported M&A heads and will be running DFI, BTW. I have the Powerstroke too, best intercooler for the cash.

nah its a sb chebby

some guy named chris out in california he may be a member here.

I have seen his web site but dont remember the adress now

RED those are awesome times, for the minimal money spent, hell even if you spent a ton of money its still awesome. Good look, I'm sure that 9 is not too far off.

Re: Jesus..

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Whose buick is on the second page of this thread?

http://www.tidewaterracing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23

:eek: :eek: :D

Is that a small block with the turbo's out of hood? Or is that a stage motor? If it is staged, I have never seen one with a intake like that and the positioning of thr turbo's is unique.:eek: :cool:

Alex, that is Chris Chow's '87 WE4 Regal with Bob Rieger's old Duttweiler built twin turbo SBC.... The motor is capable of around 1800hp with the wick turned all the way up last I heard, but because it is a stock style suspension car with just a Wolfe double sway bar on a 10.5" tire he runs the car on a conservative tune.... Here is some videos of the car>>>

http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/page5/Chow movie files/chow_toomuch boost.mpg

http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/page5/Chow movie files/chow 8.57.mpg

http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/page5/Chow movie files/chow 8.51.mpg

This car runs mid 8's @ over 160mph with a conservative tune not launching it very hard either!!!:eek:

HEY RED
ARE YOU STILL USING THE SEALED POWER 204-214 CAM? IF YOU ARE, THAT IS SMOKING...:cool: CONGRADS... I WONDER HOW WOULD YOUR COMBO RUN HOT AIR? IF LEE THOMPSON CAN, YOU WHO PROBABLY BE VERY CLOSE (USING ALKY INSTEAD OF A INTERCOOLER). KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND SEE HOW FAR CAN YOU GO IN THE 9'S BEFORE YOU HAVE TO REALLY SPEND$$$$

CHUCK MCCRAY

If you need to get a hold of Red IM is (REDSBDASSEL)

Yes he is still using that cam:D