New times from track visit yesterday

Congrats on both counts, Red! Glad to hear you found your "10!" (the car and the woman!) ;)

Hey Jay your throttle body helped too ;)

weddings April 12th

well 2 guys that were taping left before my best pass but another guy says he thinks he has it if not I'll post best out of what they have I know one guy video'd from behind the car on a 10.50 at 132 pass

I think main traction issue was the track ..It rained for about 30 minutes right as we got there and probly put a oily surface to the track and on rental we only had it treated to 60 ft

thanks for all the congrats...I'm having fun trying to find the weak link :D

I finally think Im running out of head after another attempt to go faster I might just bolt my buddy's GN1's on it that came off Geno's car :eek:

WOW...
Very impressive.
Especially considering no REALLY high buck parts.

Congrats!
Brian

ps. I am taking notes

Congrats Red! That is flying.

On, yeah, and that Powerstroke IC works ! ;)

I'll be sending pics to banning of mine soon. ;) Maybe he'll put them up for me. Get ready to eat your heart out. :D

Keep up the good work.
:cool:

RED,

Can you email me your Direct Scan file? Id like to see it.

Also, do you have a stock rear end (stock axles, studs and posi)?

And, what is your race weight?

Thanks, and congratulations on the killer MPH and ET!

Right on man:D I wish it would not have been rained out last friday i would have liked to see that car run. Man i even had my camra with me last friday i could have got some pictures and a video of it for yea. That thing is flying man:eek:

you should come over and work on mine now:D

my bro got him self a 86 gn today, he is a happy little boy today:)

Sorry Red lost battery before 10.40 pass:( but have about 5 vidsand a very scary 10.60 pass, looks like you were on ice skates:eek: when you shifted to second;)

P.S. NO Im not painting my car white:mad:

Originally posted by HOTCRAB
Sorry Red lost battery before 10.40 pass:( but have about 5 vidsand a very scary 10.60 pass, looks like you were on ice skates:eek: when you shifted to second;)

P.S. NO Im not painting my car white:mad:

LOL told ya paint it white an it'll be faster :D

atleast your slack self got my good an loose pass ;)

Just curious what was causing that misfire. Always good to know problems especially when going that fast. :cool:

Awesome. I doubt anyone will worry about the Powerstroke IC being restrictive anymore.

miss fire was from old plugs run fine till went up in boost then acted like it just went flat

It went 10.80's at 124-125 mph like that then I changed the plugs and hit it and boost gauge rapped around to 40+ # so I knew problem was strait...set the boost back to between 29-30 and next pass I blew an i/c hose off from that boost spike before that...then the next pass was the one where the car got real loose and went 10.67 at 129.95 then a 10.48 at 131.5 then 10.41 at 133 then a 10.50 at 132.75 then a 11.29 at 94 mph on tranny snappin pass

tranny broke on my 14th pass of the day :eek:

Re: RED AIN'T SKEERT!

Originally posted by Two Lane
Congratulations ( and thanks ) for stretching the envelope, Red!

Red, when you get a chance, would you take a look at your Inj DC?

TIA!! :)

The duty cycle varies with rpm. It ranges from 60%-80% from 4000 to 5500rpm.

Also note this was done with a stock maf with 1 screen in!

Regards,
Eric

Congrads Red! Very impressive stuff!
I know I wouldnt be able to pull that off at Atco since I dont have a bar in my car either.

Originally posted by turbotwister
eric,
i think you just gave away the the "chip" secret!;)

LOL ...its not perfected yet but were in nomans land at this point.

my hats off to ERIC I told him I was looking to run 133-134 mph and he gave me enough to get where I wanted to go. not bad for a first try huh ;)

and his street chip is very impressive but didnt get time to make any street chip passes

I think its gotta 135 mph pass in it with a lil more "tweakin"..:eek:

Im not too sure about et at this point since its gonna take some suspention work to get that better but car may have a tranny brake in it next go round

boxed stock arms and atr bar is all thats in it

oh yeah bone stock rear too with 198,*** miles on it

think I might take a spare rear next trip but it'll be a lil while yet:(

I do have the 10.41 at 133 pass on tape now gotta get my buddy to put it on the computer ;)

Its about the only pass the car wont sideways thru 2nd gear :D

your car runs in the 1/8 about what my car runs in the 1/4 , thats to funny:D

cant wait to check that video out:)

good job