New times with the 6262 Billet Journal Bearing

Sounds like progess, congrats. Consider the H&R poly mounts and a transbrake, then you'll probably need to address your rear suspension but that's how it goes.

You're not going to see the MPH as you did with the Orange with the PTC unlocked. Dusty, is PTC ok with the occasional track locking of the single disk? If so, you're in business as you'll gain both ends of this converter mod.

Do not lock the single disc. I don't like locking any 10" single disc conerter. Just not enough surface area to take it for long.

I forgot to mention this was with a TT race chip with 24 timing. I had C-16 in the tank probably overkill but I also pulled 10% fuel in first gear only to help spoolup. O2 numbers were in the low 800's. I need to get a damn wideband. Im playing with fire now. Need to get one before I get burned. I have no idea what a/f ratio is and I need to know that!:eek:

Nice numbers!

What were your 02s in 1st?

Low 800s in third? If so pull more fuel then your 1/8 to 1/4 pickup should jump more. I did that my car now picks up 25.5

Is the bottom end stock or built a little? Are you satisfied with the non ball bearing, or would you go bb if you could do it over again. seams to be working pretty good with the times your getting.

Is the bottom end stock or built a little? Are you satisfied with the non ball bearing, or would you go bb if you could do it over again. seams to be working pretty good with the times your getting.

The bottom end is a stock turbo crank with 2 billet main caps, forged pistons, stock rods and arp main studs and arp rod bolts.

I love this turbo so far it spools really fast. Very satisfied with the journal bearing version.

Very good! Get some new motormounts and try a 10lb launch. You'll go :eek::biggrin:

The bottom end is a stock turbo crank with 2 billet main caps, forged pistons, stock rods and arp main studs and arp rod bolts.

I love this turbo so far it spools really fast. Very satisfied with the journal bearing version.

now you said 2 main caps is those the ones in the middle? or the two on the ends of the crank?

Nice thread, good to hear some feedback on these new PTE billet turbo's. At 1st I was thinking that I would want something bigger then a 6262 or 6265. But after Dusty's input on my thread and reading your real world exsperiences, I think the 6262 journal will make plenty of power for me.
One question for you, which housing did you go with?

Chuck

Nice thread, good to hear some feedback on these new PTE billet turbo's. At 1st I was thinking that I would want something bigger then a 6262 or 6265. But after Dusty's input on my thread and reading your real world exsperiences, I think the 6262 journal will make plenty of power for me.
One question for you, which housing did you go with?

Chuck

I went with the 6262 E cover .63 exhaust housing.

I noticed you are not using alcohol. I wouldn't say 800mv is fat at all. I think you are right on the edge which is perfect. .

Can't really say that. Not without a WB to back up the info. NB sensors outside of the stoiceometric range are notoriously innacurate and no two are even close.

At 11.3 WB a/f ratio, my NB is reading in the 720's, and that's a healthy NB sensor that maintains perfect 14.7:1 at idle.

At 11.3 WB a/f ratio, my NB is reading in the 720's, and that's a healthy NB sensor that maintains perfect 14.7:1 at idle.

Not the first time I've read this.

My experience tells me .8xx 02s means rich, safe but rich. Easy way to check...pull a plug.

Something else I need to consider too is the transmission. Im going to contact my trans builder and have him throw the best parts in it before I grenade that too!:eek:

Any signs of an issue?

I'm in the same boat. I increase the trans psi to help minimize slippage.

Any signs of an issue?

I'm in the same boat. I increase the trans psi to help minimize slippage.

No issues yet. Jimmy built it for me about 4 years ago. I just went with the $1200 trans. He tried to get me to do it right the first time but I didn't. Now I kinda wish I would have.

Shifts very firm in every gear though. He shot me a pretty good price to bulletproof it. I guess it would be easier to rebuild it now before I grenade it!

No issues yet. Jimmy built it for me about 4 years ago. I just went with the $1200 trans. He tried to get me to do it right the first time but I didn't. Now I kinda wish I would have.

Shifts very firm in every gear though. He shot me a pretty good price to bulletproof it. I guess it would be easier to rebuild it now before I grenade it!

Jimmy does good work! He did mine about 5+ years ago. I dont have the "full race" build and its has ~15 mid 11 passes on it and still holding. :biggrin:

Check your PM.

Im using 28x9 M/T e.t. drag slicks on stock T rims. As far as the converter goes im still not sure yet. I want to talk to Dusty and see what he recommends. Im thinking a 10" 2800-3000 L/U.

You have 225 wide drag slicks?? And lighting them up at 50mph doesn't seem promising for me :( I hope that doesn't happen to me this year lol.