You can type here any text you want

New times

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

o.k. New 60' best is 1.559. Launched around 2-3 psi, and eased into the throttle. Had to let up, because I forgot to shift out of 1st gear like an idiot. Nest pass I tried to do the same thing, but I ended up launching at like 6-7 psi. The tires spun and I got a 1.787 60' and an e.t. of 12.007@116.67. I only got four passes in five hours, so I didn't even have a chance to really start tuning. I started at about 18 psi boost, and I ended at approx. 21-22 psi with a 100 octane Turbotweak chip with lower timing then a normal 100 chip. I wish I would have had some more passes. Oh well

Yup.. seat time is the key.. hard to get that seat time when your time is limited.

Good runs.. keep it up.. mid 11's around the corner.

Is there a point where I will have to use overdrive? DS says i was at 5450rpm's at the end of the pass.

Your at the max for the cam making power. Maybe a little over. Like razor said, right around the corner.

Jason

25 is great. Keep doing what you're doing. And with the aftermarket cam you shouldnt shift either. Some cams can run up to 6000 so why shift into O/D at 5500?? All depends on the tune, car, and driver.

Jason

Depends on cam for shifting.Stock cam leave in drive.Aftermarket cam with higher rpm range need shifting through the gears to D. Julio has a ton of experience with cam cars. 5300rpm through the trapps is perfect. 25mph is really good too.

HTH

When I ran the 132.22 I shifted into OD. When it ran 132.7 I let it ride out in D

Depends on your converter and how much it slips. if you lock it up.. no biggie.

Also the factry tach is off.. sometime it can read higher than your rev'ing.

HTH

dvernst said:
Thanks when do you lock the converter?

Non-lockup. Trick is to get proper coupling. 2004r tranny, 9 inch N/L ProTorque

Too loose and you'll blow through it. Too tight and it wont 60 foot.

Gotta break some eggs to make an omlette :) Requires patience and working at it.

So your saying trial and error, or not to lock it up? Come on I want all the answers now. J/K Thanks

Back