You can type here any text you want

New to the game

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yep I still have a full cooling system in the winter too.(I drive it from time to time) Now as for a little water left over will crack the block thing I doubt. I water will freeze and expand a bit, but has room to move around in the water jacket. Now if it runs out of room, I can see it cracking. H had a few bottles of water freeze and not crack the glass. Try it tonight. A half glass of water leave it outside. It will get to 25* tonight. How many engines freeze in a junkyard every year, thaw out in the spring, and get sold without issue.

Prasaud. Yep, just springs. Moogs in all 4 corners. The leak... At the feed on the rail. Fixed it bout an hour ago. I refuse to drive it now because I know some other problem will arise, and its filthy.:smile:

listen to jay go, he thinks he's john wayne. listen pilgrims. run water and the wetter(giggidty) from spring thru fall and fill it with a premix for winter storage. storing it empty in my opinion is a bad idea. there will always be water that won't drain and could cause you problems with rust and scale build up on exposed areas as well as contaminate what you use to refill it. as for oil i use the valvoline racing, there are two types, you want to use the street version and not the full on race snth. i know everyone says buy the additive but this oil has more then enough zddp in it. it's made specifically for h.p flat tappet motors.

Just browsing when I found this thread. Have not seen to many members posting here that are located between MNilwaukee and Madison and myelf.

Anyway, I understand that water is an efficient coolant for summer, however, I heard that even after draining it for winter storage, a serious problems can occur. Even though the water is drained from the radiator, etc., some water will remain in the engine block passages. This water can freeze and crack the block. Maybee I am wrong.

Thanks,
Matt

Well you can't just drain the water and leave it unless you have that spigot looking things on the side of the block to get everything out. You can drain all the water back out as much as you can and fill it with straight coolant then start the car back up with your heater on until the thermostat opens up. Usually when the temp reaches around160- 170 or so if you have 160 thermostat or higher if you are still running the stock thermostat.:eek:

I had bad experience with water but if you are diligent and put your coolant in right way when fall begins you are ok. I remember some time in the early 90's we had water in brother’s car and it was some time in early October, we were going to squeeze out some more weeks out of the car. Well the temp dropped from high 40’s to single digit over night just like yesterday here except more drastic. Well the freeze plug didn't pop but the block cracked. It had a hair line crack above the starter about 8 inches long. No water in the oil but water was dripping like crazy on to the starter. Since then as lazy as I am, I never took a chance with water again.

Just my $.02

Prasad

Yeah, it was cold last night! I still have my antifreeze in and will stay that way till the week of Bowling Green. I never go but it gives me time to work on my car, and the weather is nice by then.

Its too had to start tuning a car when the weather is like this. The conditions change too much.:mad:

Yep, tried the 50/50 93 and E85 mix. Got a :mad: Email and told me to go back to Pump gas and Alky. I won't say who sent it but I sure didnt argue with him about it. I will be in it soon because I'm going to get new tires.
215-65-15 fronts and 235-60-15 in the rear. Should get real interesting @ WOT.:eek:

Yep, tried the 50/50 93 and E85 mix. Got a :mad: Email and told me to go back to Pump gas and Alky. I won't say who sent it but I sure didnt argue with him about it. I will be in it soon because I'm going to get new tires.
215-65-15 fronts and 235-60-15 in the rear. Should get real interesting @ WOT.:eek:

Dan at Whites Racing told me that E85 made 100hp more on the dyno over Q16. Same car just switching fuel. :eek:

I think it was like 555 on Q16 AND 657 ON E85

I don't know how true that is but they mess with that stuff a lot over there!

Prasad

Dan at Whites Racing told me that E85 made 100hp more on the dyno over Q16. Same car just switching fuel. :eek:

I think it was like 555 on Q16 AND 657 ON E85

I don't know how true that is but they mess with that stuff a lot over there!

Prasad

I'd have to see that to believe it. If it was true the TSM guys would have been all over it to make "outlaw" runs. I think Gabby R. is trying it but I have not heard much else from that camp lately. Its just like alky....Not for everyone;)

Back