You can type here any text you want

New TSS rules may include 78-84

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thumper

I am writing a new TSS class rule for racing at the gs nationals. Would any b4 black cars like to compete with stock appearing 84-87 turbo regals and the 89 tta. 78-83 would need to be carb turbo with any production buick v6 block ( no stage blocks) and any gm transmission as long as it appears to look factory built. 13.80 to qualify.

Who would be interested in this class?

Nobody interested so I will not add them in the rules, it was a difficult decision.

It's a chicken and egg. Without racers, you don't make the rules - but without the rules, then you can't have racers. (I'd bet making the rules is the easier of the two)

I wouldn't assume that everyone with a carb/turbo that would attend the GSCA nationals is a frequent poster here. (I also believe there are many 'lurkers' that never post.) You may get a couple of cars at Bowling Green that may want to compete. I would make the rules and hope they compete. Even if no one participates this year, after seeing they could compete, they may consider it for next year.

13.80 is a lofty goal for many carb/turbo cars. If this is bracket racing, you would have to be very leniant on what is stock for a carb/turbo.

Trust me, it is not easy to write the rules at all. Lots of loop holes, and the more varients added makes it harder to do. 78 to 83 turbo regals may be easy to hide things on them in my opinion, not many really remember them like the 84-87 cars. Just have to make it appear stock. I am trying to be open minded and would love for at least 1 to race, but tech peer tech may prove difficult. We will see. Thanks for your input.

I didn't post here for the reason of: I don't have a '78-'83 turbo Buick that is close too or looks stock. But I'd love to race my '84 blowthru Buick, it's too strange to put In a certain bracket.

I've contacted a bunch of the guys to get some feedback but I guess they're busy. I was watching to see who might be interested but I would say we're to far flung to get together.:(

well... sorry ive been busy.

Im out, i dont have any regals anymore... im down to just hybrids.

its a lost class really. not to offend anyone, but were a dying breed at this point. We ourselfs tend to push others to efi to save them from totally destroying good carb turbo parts that would probably end up damaged or in the dumpster from a sour carb turbo experiance. just a crappy reality. only people who want to race carb turbos are the psychos like us. and i think were the closest most well communicated group of carb turbo enthusiest .... and were short on numbers!

Back