New XFI 2.05

stock coil pack and i just viewed the aux 5 in dash and it shows zero and when i turn car off it shows 1

stock coil pack and i just viewed the aux 5 in dash and it shows zero and when i turn car off it shows 1
When you turn the car off or the switch off ? Are you sure you wired in the Aux 5 input(A30) and not something else ?
AG.

I'm travelling to Valdosta today. Please feel free to give me a call on my cell and we can verify the install is correct. You're running 2.05, correct?

yes flashed XFI B7 running 2.05 , set to all the parameters recommended and i will re-check the install, Im using pin (A-30) aux 5 although instructions say most use PA Enable activation to trigger step 1, i verified my switch is grounding and im going to go over everything again after work.

I got it working, i re-checked my switch and it wasn't giving me ground. Now it is. Thank you guys for your input.

I got it working, i re-checked my switch and it wasn't giving me ground. Now it is. Thank you guys for your input.
This is why I asked what it looked like in the DASH. Should see it switching if its wired properly. Glad you figured it out.
AG.

Im having trouble getting the rev limiter to work. Installed the little black box from Hartline and triggering 1st step rev limit from aux 5 (A30)and its set to 1800 and its verified that the switch is grounding but not working..i tripple checked everything checked everything . Any Ideas ??

I have the same 2-step box. Instructions state control wire to pin XFI pin C7, nothing mentioned as how to activate. What activates 2-step? Does this somehow need to be wired to a switch (trans-brake)?

Yes you need use a switch that switches to ground. You also must go into Spark Functions > Sequential Rev Limiting and set up the parameters on how you want to trigger the rev limiter , step priority and step rpm...

Yes you need use a switch that switches to ground. You also must go into Spark Functions > Sequential Rev Limiting and set up the parameters on how you want to trigger the rev limiter , step priority and step rpm...

Thanks for the reply.

Assume then control wire goes through a switch and then to ECU. Correct?

NO the control wire goes directly to ECU C7.
Im using pin (A-30) aux 5 to activate the trigger for step 1 --I used my switch to ground this wire .

Last edited:
quadzila, thanks for the help.

HighPSI, thanks for the offer of help and taking the time for a conversation.

I have been out of town a lot and maybe you guys are already aware of this, but the new 2.05 software is about to be released. I have been testing it for a while and it has a lot of cool features. Some things that come to mind are:
Ignition cutoff if the fuel or oil pressure get to low
High rpm ignition cutoff instead of just a fuel cutoff
Individual cylinder correction vs rpm
The second communication port week be activated (important for those with the eDash or Scanmaster)
User adjustable dwell settings for xim users
More data points on the PA Retard table
Spark offset vs fuel energy constant for those E85 guys
There are also some changes made for better boost control

I'm sure there are some things I'm forgetting, but these are most of them. I am tuning in Atlanta until Monday, but will do my best to respond to this thread

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

hi Cal ,I will need some information with my distributor swap. what is the timing i should put.and what is the change i will need to do in the XFI thank Martin

You will need to load the new software on your laptop. Then flash the xfi. After that, give be a call and u can walk you through the changes in 5 minutes. It's a very easy update