New XFI 2.05

The problem is it don't correct the 've table.in a manner that would interpolate the surrounding cells. It dwells on changing one ve cell...

Example I had a square of mid 60's and after a few blasts down the track I had like a 22.

I will look and see if I saved that file so I can post a screen shot of it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I understand what your saying. That's why you shouldn't use the auto learn in itself as a end all be all. You need to look at the tune and tweak it as needed every so often to interpolate the cells and surrounding cells.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I understand what your saying. That's why you shouldn't use the auto learn in itself as a end all be all. You need to look at the tune and tweak it as needed every so often to interpolate the cells and surrounding cells.

Trust me I understand stand that and I know how to tune . But Even after a well tuned 've table it still has problems correcting for minor adjustments.

My 've was very well tuned before I got the 2.0 software. I had this problem after the fact . So I basically bought the 2.0 flash for nothing .

You need to lower the gain values

I know you know. Just putting that out for everyone that may read the post.

Edit.... Cal beat me to it..

You need to lower the gain values

Cal

I cut the gain values in half ....should I take them down more...

What's the gain values set at currently?

This is just me, I only use the auto tune for crusing conditions between 1500-3000 rpm, where it cant cause huge swings...forget about idle, conditions change too much..

Lance,

I have a few questions,
1 - Is it preferred to run in Load indexed speed density mode ?
2 - if so, does the remote baro sensor on AUX 3 constantly correct in this mode, not just sample at start up ? (I'm assuming only used in Load Indexed Speed Density).
3 - Is the remote baro sensor used on AUX 3 used in regular speed density mode if its enabled ? (I'm assuming not).

Comment - Help file has an error in 6.2.14, Says Aux analog input 2 (should be 3).

1. In most cases, yes. Especially if you need optimum performance over a range of altitudes (If you live in Denver, def. yes).
2. Yes. In load indexed speed density mode, the load is calculated continuously from the remote Baro and MAP. If a remote Baro sensor is not available, the Baro is only sampled from the MAP when the engine is not running. However, the load is still calculated continuously from the static Baro reading and the live MAP reading.
3. The remote Baro sensor is only used for load indexed speed density mode.

6.2.14 is the "Fan Off" parameter description?

The problem is it don't correct the 've table.in a manner that would interpolate the surrounding cells. It dwells on changing one ve cell...

Example I had a square of mid 60's and after a few blasts down the track I had like a 22.

I will look and see if I saved that file so I can post a screen shot of it.

It does indeed correct multiple cells. However, it only corrects the cells that have influence on the current interpolation. That is... the interpolation is of 4 table cells. If the current interpolation is 50/50 in one row and 60/40 in the adjacent row, the learned correction is distributed accordingly. If you are currently 100% in one cell, then the entire learned correction will be applied 100% in that cell. You can't safely assume that surrounding cells will be adjusted in the same direction as the current cells because the VE map is not linear nor is it always increasing from low to high RPMs. The VE table is essentially a torque map and the torque will have a peak along a curve.

Last edited:
1. In most cases, yes. Especially if you need optimum performance over a range of altitudes (If you live in Denver, def. yes).
2. Yes. In load indexed speed density mode, the load is calculated continuously from the remote Baro and MAP. If a remote Baro sensor is not available, the Baro is only sampled from the MAP when the engine is not running. However, the load is still calculated continuously from the static Baro reading and the live MAP reading.
3. The remote Baro sensor is only used for load indexed speed density mode.

6.2.14 is the "Fan Off" parameter description?

Lance,
Thanks for clarifying this for me. Attached is a screen shot of the help file were the error is and in the last sentence of 6.2.14. Not trying to be picky, I just noticed this while I was reading and trying to figure this out before asking in a post.
Allan G.
6.2.14.jpg

Lance,
Thanks for clarifying this for me. Attached is a screen shot of the help file were the error is and in the last sentence of 6.2.14. Not trying to be picky, I just noticed this while I was reading and trying to figure this out before asking in a post.
Allan G.View attachment 226223

Oops.. The help file on my desktop was a bit outdated. I'll pass on the correction. Thanks!

DO NOT USE IGNITION CUT WITH THE STOCK IGNITION SYSTEM.

(or the TR6, if you need ignition cut, use an aux output to trigger the 2-step input)

clear enough?

Bob

Bob, can you explain more about this. With the new xfi module that will allow us to use the 2 step 3step etc from the xfi interface why can't we use that? I have no issues using the dip switches In the tr6 but seems like the convince of using the xfo to do it would be better.

Guess I will need to setup the pa to set zero correction while on the 2step. I have it run already to the xfi just need to figure out what the setting is

Bob, can you explain more about this. With the new xfi module that will allow us to use the 2 step 3step etc from the xfi interface why can't we use that? I have no issues using the dip switches In the tr6 but seems like the convince of using the xfo to do it would be better.

Guess I will need to setup the pa to set zero correction while on the 2step. I have it run already to the xfi just need to figure out what the setting is

my post was from before the new FAST accessory module was announced. With the new module, the FAST can 2-step the stock ignition.

what I need to do is update the TR6 software so the FAST control signal can control it.

Bob

Most of the time, the iterative changes are inconsequential.. B7 fixes an issue with the heuristic traction control in some applications.
I thought I read on the FAST forum that the rev limits didn't work with COP ? If so this will eventually effect me and would like a copy of the flash. It doesn't look like its posted yet.
AG.