New XFI 2.05

All the auxiliary analog channels have external calibrations. That is, calibrations that only tell C-Com how to interpret the sensor voltages for display. The new version dedicates several of these channels for ECU internal use; Fuel pressure, oil pressure and Baro pressure. You have to calibrate these channels the same way the TPM, MAP and temp. sensors are calibrated. These calibrations are all grouped in the sensor calibration menu. You can still have them calibrated as auxiliary channels but it's kind of pointless as they would be redundant since C-Com now has has dedicated sensors for fuel pressure, oil pressure and baro pressure. The hardware analog input channels the fuel and oil pressure use are still the same but just need to be calibrated to the ECU from the sensor calibration menu (View | System Configuration | Sensor Calibration) now.
Thanks for the clarification, makes more sense now. Does it still data log like a regular analog sensor ?
AG

Yes... No different than any other calibrated sensor.
Lance,

Thanks for answering these questions. I see the calibration sensor in the menu tree you provided but since I don't have the firmware installed yet I'm just playing with the software on my laptop it is greyed out and not assessable. Can you explain a little about how its calibrated ? Is it like the analog sensor calibration tables with gain and offset values ? Will it appear in the Dashboard or need to be selected as another labeled item ?
AG.

Lance,

Thanks for answering these questions. I see the calibration sensor in the menu tree you provided but since I don't have the firmware installed yet I'm just playing with the software on my laptop it is greyed out and not assessable. Can you explain a little about how its calibrated ? Is it like the analog sensor calibration tables with gain and offset values ? Will it appear in the Dashboard or need to be selected as another labeled item ?
AG.
Pressure sensors are typically linear so it's basically a two point curve where you only have to set the voltage at 0 PSI and at 100 PSI. Like the TPS calibration, it's only accessible while online with the ECU and not stored as part of a calibration file. Using the 12 volt powered gauge pressure sensors sold by FAST, the calibration voltages would be 0 PSI = 1V and 100 PSI = 5V.

I get this error when I try to flash the new firmware in. It's working on the new software but I can't flash the firmware in

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400450115.661069.jpg

Has the new software been pulled from comps site ? I downloaded it today and it's the old version.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Ditto... I didn't see an XFI 2.05 download either...? Doing lots this weekend with the eDash & data logger option. Also will need to get a driveshaft sensor to totally cover up the factory speedo.

They pulled it to fix a glitch is what I was told. I have 2.05 but not the correct flash version for XIM.

I have the correct software and flash. Feel free to pm me with your email address and I will try and get it out to you. I'm away tuning, so be patient

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• ccwpxfi205.zip
    46.2 MB · Views: 143
Pressure sensors are typically linear so it's basically a two point curve where you only have to set the voltage at 0 PSI and at 100 PSI. Like the TPS calibration, it's only accessible while online with the ECU and not stored as part of a calibration file. Using the 12 volt powered gauge pressure sensors sold by FAST, the calibration voltages would be 0 PSI = 1V and 100 PSI = 5V.

Just a further question Lance, with the FAST pressure sensor 0 PSI = 1V and 100 PSI = 5V. Now would you happen to know what the Autometer pressure sensors would be? I know they are very similar sensors but I am curious if it is 0.5V = 0psi and 4.5V = 100psi.

I will say that it is much nicer and quicker to have them internally calibrated and not have to do the Gain and Offset for them.

Adrian

Just a further question Lance, with the FAST pressure sensor 0 PSI = 1V and 100 PSI = 5V. Now would you happen to know what the Autometer pressure sensors would be? I know they are very similar sensors but I am curious if it is 0.5V = 0psi and 4.5V = 100psi.

I will say that it is much nicer and quicker to have them internally calibrated and not have to do the Gain and Offset for them.

I'm not really sure about the Autometer sensors but if it's a 5 volt powered sensor, it's likely to have a .5 - 4.5V range.

I have the correct software and flash. Feel free to pm me with your email address and I will try and get it out to you. I'm away tuning, so be patient

Is the the correct one Cal?

Did the FAST site repost the updated software ? I see a software bundle but can't down load to my work computer.
AG.

Yes but now you download a installer that asks you what you want to install and gives you options of all their products. So basically you are downloading all there software in 1 file.

e4evyna5.jpg

I'm not really sure about the Autometer sensors but if it's a 5 volt powered sensor, it's likely to have a .5 - 4.5V range.
Lance,

I have a few questions,
1 - Is it preferred to run in Load indexed speed density mode ?
2 - if so, does the remote baro sensor on AUX 3 constantly correct in this mode, not just sample at start up ? (I'm assuming only used in Load Indexed Speed Density).
3 - Is the remote baro sensor used on AUX 3 used in regular speed density mode if its enabled ? (I'm assuming not).

Comment - Help file has an error in 6.2.14, Says Aux analog input 2 (should be 3).

Does this new update correct the auto learning........

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app