Newb from colorado

If you want 13's just build a mild small block with a forged bottom end, or get yourself one of those GMPP crate motors and then drop a 125 shot on it....whatever get's you to the 400-450HP range.

A well built 10 bolt with the right gears will handle the power. A prepped TH350 or Powerslide, the right converter, sticky tires....should be in the low 13's all day long and consistent as long as the driver has skills. High 12's if you have good RT and 60's.

The only time squeeze is going to be inconsistent is when you let the bottle run low or don't control the bottle temp and pressure.

The only time it'll hurt your engine is if you don't install it correclty, keep tings out of tune, let it lean out or try to use more of it than you should, but most mild built engines can handle 100-125 shot quite safely IMHO, and you can get systems that are pretty much bolt on and play.

Tim

SWEETT!! You guys rock!! I do have some racing skills.. ;) I know things will change with a different car, but more test n tunes will get me use to the car easily.. right now i average a .050 (on a .000 tree) or better.. I have been known to hit .002's, .003's, .004's in one night... I have hit a few perfect lights too.. and a couple track records.. dialing in exactly with an 0! So I think with some practice nights.. ill be good to go there. I actually took 3rd overall for 2007 in my class.. I was at 2nd place our last race... #1 went out first round, which left the door wide open for me.. but I choked and slid to 3rd.. but out of 100+ cars.. i am happy with that! And it being my first real full season.

I still dont like NOS... but.. Ill keep that in mind.. 100 shot shouldnt hurt... good info to know...

If you just want to educate your self on N2O, pick up the Feb 08 Chevy High Performance. It's loaded with NOS info.

Personally...I don't use it either...but I have friends who do. I'm more into full time power than part time power so I've always made sure my cars can get it done with their nuts and bolts alone...or had a huffer on them.

My 87 GN is my first Turbo car, but I also have a Supercharged GTP, and my 68 Camaro with the big block power. I was about to stick a centrifugal super charger on that, but bought my GN instead.

When I was a Jr High/High School kid back in the late 70's, my big brother had a Canary Yellow early 70's Toyota Corolla with a Turbo on its 1600 engine that was built by a guy named Terry Pfaff up in san Jose. He used to beat up on all the factory muscle cars with that little screamer. That was my first intro to turbo cars.....wanted one ever since...finally got one.

Buddy of mine up north is building a twin turbo small block to stick in his 69 Camaro...that'll make about 1250 HP easily.

Tim

Buddy of mine up north is building a twin turbo small block to stick in his 69 Camaro...that'll make about 1250 HP easily.

Tim

Yeah.. Im not ready for the 1250 hp yet!! I would be happy with a 13 second car for now. Get more racing in.. win some races and have fun. In the future a 10 second or better car would be definatly sweet.. but I want to take it in steps. I have alot more to learn and hopefully a lot of time left....:cool:

Welcome to Turbobuick.com Southwesterm Section, jene. Lots of good go fast information here. Good luck with your search for a car to fit your needs.

You guys are boogers!:)
Welcome to the southwest section.Home of the most bizarre twisted Buick owners in the country. Save yourself before its too late. Forget about turbo's & nitrous.Protect your sanity & your children. Just look what they have done to me. I've lost most of my normal customers & self respect.

Welcome to the southwest section.Home of the most bizarre twisted Buick owners in the country. Save yourself before its too late. Forget about turbo's & nitrous.Protect your sanity & your children. Just look what they have done to me. I've lost most of my normal customers & self respect.

What he said....:p

Well.. I want you to know I am still madly inlove with Regals!!! And have not givin up on getting one yet..lol.. But the link above for the 84 Monte, I am going to go look at it tomorrow night. I talked to the guy and stuff. What do you think about that car??

And truely.. thanks for all your help.. I learned some things about regals and leaving my options open to some other g bodies.. and you guys are silly.. so I feel comfortable here! Makes me laugh!!:biggrin: