Newbie considering a T Type

rowekmr

Hello
I was looking to get another toy and ran across this T type. I have owned a few Mustang GT's and a Camaro (355ci) but am not that familiar with this drivetrain just remembering facts from when they came out and everybody talked about them. Here are some important tidpits on the car:

Inside trunk is perfect with perfect trunk mat, original spare and jack. Bucket seat, console car loaded. Engine never been apart and has 135k on it now. Original engine/transmission/rearend. 3.8 turbocharged V-6 with GM Turbohydramatic 2004R, and 8.5 GM 10 bolt rearend w/3.42 positrac G80 option.PS, PW, PL, tilt, cruise, delayed wipers, Pseats. I have ran Mobil1 synthetic oil in it since I've owned and so did the previous owner he said. Bone stock when I got it, except duals with no convertor. TE 34 turbo now with brand new 60lb injectors, new 255l/hr walbro, huge front mount intercooler, LT1 valve springs, throttle body spacer, underdrive pulley, adjustable wastegate and adjustable fuel press regulator, 3 in downpipe, stock headers, K&N air filter, hotwire kit to fuelpump, stock 3.42 posi, aluminum drums, stock rims, VDO gauges. Ran 11.80 best on 009's and stock intercooler, trannys been rebuilt twice. Has Turbo Tweak race chip in now for the 60's. I have every original part except turbo. No ticks, knox or smoke. A/C disconnected due to front mount install but have the condensor/lines. I have all 4 orignal black wheel opening moldings in perfect shape, perfect GN/T- type hood insulation pad, perfect clear title in my name, original keys ( 2 sets).

The body is fair with signs of repaint and rust but the drivetrain is what I am asking about. Is this a good platform for a street rod? Unless there would be a problem I would want to hook back up the AC and get it retuned for street driving.

No pics that I can post. He wants $5800 which doesn't seem to bad but I wanted to ask the experts. What do you think of the turbo, injectors, chip and IC?

TE 34 is a small turbo, he had 009 (42lb injectors) and ran 11.80 with a stock IC, that can be done but it is really pushing it. I know a bunch of years ago I ran 12.10 with a stock IC and 49 turbo. He has upgraded to 60's which is good. The TT chip (Eric Marshall) are the best on the market in my opinion. And has upgraded to a Front mount IC which is nice. Everything he has listed sounds good. $5800 not bad.
He is still running the 34 I would be interested to know what TC it has?

That's not to bad for price. I just picked up number 3 and it has rust in several places. Make me more proud of my first and second one. They are rust free. Rust is a problem with these Gbodys. Most I look at have rust issues somewhere. If you don't want it I'll take it.:D