You can type here any text you want

Newby

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scpls19398

Hot Air Fan
Good afternoon gentleman, I have been bitten by a high school bug and have purchased an 1984 Grand National. I know this an Hot Air car but i would have it no other way as I Graduated in 1985. I bought the car stock with 5,000 miles on it. it has been repainted, and the front springs have spreaders in them and need to be replaced. All else is perfect. I love this car and can not see myself ever parting with it, but (always a but) I would like to modify it for better performance, ah mabey purchase one of those intercooled ones to hop up, then again my garage is not big enough for the two I have already(I have a 71 Z28 also) oh decisions, decisions, decisions, I will just enjoy it for the summer then make a decision this fall. have a great day all.

Welcome to the forum and Hot Air ownership. So your car has 5k miles on the clock, that's a pretty low mileage car for sure. I don't know that I'd recommend modifying that low of a mileage car, because you'd probably hurt the value more that help it. My car had 130K miles on it when I purchased it and I wasn't really going to help or hust the car's value much my modifying it.

We have a group of GM Turbo V6 owners that you could join in with. Most of us are in North Carolina, but some are in South Carolina and various parts.

We're planning a meet on this coming Sunday in Concord, NC at Quaker Steak and lube this coming Sunday. Please feel free to join us.

Our group is on Yahoo Groups under GM_TURBO6

I can relate: bought a new 84 T-Type as a graduation present to myself summer of 84.....

It's going to be a trade off: On the one hand anything with only 5k on the clock is worth preserving, but even as rare as the 84's are they generally aren't as desirable in stock form.(personally I have a soft spot for "survivor" cars) I would say have fun with it, but don't do anything you can't undo should you want to go back to roiginal (and save whatever you take off). Only other option is to rethink how much you are attached to the Camaro and find another Buick to make into a fun-mobile.

welcome to the board.

also besure to check out GMturbo6@yahoogroups.com. We are just a bunch of GMturbo nerds having fun and enjoying the cars and the peeps that own them.

pat broughton

Back