Next steps...

Now that the car is running this well, I wanna go 13's. I feel these nexts mods could probably get me there.

Switched my M5 nozzle to an M8 for a lil more methanol.
Going to find a 160* thermostat
Some may not like this but a heater box delete will allow me to fab my own 3" dp with an RJC wastegate flange.
I have a new fuel filter to put in, and stagemonster just installed a dual pumper on his gn and has an extra walbro sitting around now with a hotwire kit.
Also would like some junkyard electric fans. Which ones have worked best for you guys?
After that get a TT alky chip and add a second nozzle located in the manifold.
Then maybe some new shocks all the way around from summit.
That should definitely put me into the low 13's I would think.

Dodge dual fans or Ford 17'' taurus or 18" Lincoln Mark 8 fan.

Summit Drag shocks are nice, I had them on before my edelbrocks, good shock for the money.

Also get some bigger tires in the rear 235/60s or think max is 255/60s Not sure if those will rub tho? The 235's are great IMO used should be 20 each with some meat on it at small tire shop, just make sure they match.

Tips

NGK V power plugs(advance auto is cheaper then else were) 12$ set
160 is nice for Raw drag, but remember piston rings have to get hot enough to expand/seal.
I would use 180 no failsafe just good SS or something of good quality.

Now that the car is running this well, I wanna go 13's. I feel these nexts mods could probably get me there.

Switched my M5 nozzle to an M8 for a lil more methanol.
Going to find a 160* thermostat
Some may not like this but a heater box delete will allow me to fab my own 3" dp with an RJC wastegate flange.
I have a new fuel filter to put in, and stagemonster just installed a dual pumper on his gn and has an extra walbro sitting around now with a hotwire kit.
Also would like some junkyard electric fans. Which ones have worked best for you guys?
After that get a TT alky chip and add a second nozzle located in the manifold.
Then maybe some new shocks all the way around from summit.

I have a few thoughts while you begin the quest for more speed. I would not bother trying to build a downpipe when you can just buy one for $500(Gbodyparts) and keep the heater box. The fan question has been covered with the large single fan being the most cost effective. The shocks are fine but one of the real problems are twisting which is solved by frame braces, driver side poly motor mount and body bushings. The final issue of low 13's. I think it will be very tough to do with a stock turbo. Try it and you may find that a TA33C turbo is necessary which is not cheap. Good luck. Brad

Lets narrow this down for you boostedyardm what are your plans for this car?

IC cars really only need little money to get them going, as for HOTair....The last money i will spend on this Demon is body and paint,alky and TA33 and up keep haha.

Like Brand noted, the TA33 turbo will help with your goals, I would have suggest it but didn't ask your budget (sorry)

Just letting you in on some knowledge us hotair owners have learned over the years. They are like a drug, alway have HA on the mind, how to make it faster when others think it can't be done. These things are money pits but also need alot of custom work. We have limited HA vendors. We learn as we go, R&D which cost. Then again with alky/meth and today's parts, other HA owner's advice. (that have been through it all) We can be just as fast as the next guy:cool:

with that said, TA33 and head work would get you there pretty easy IMO. That AEM meth kit is also great choice,you should get a AEM dryflow filter, I have one for sale if you want.

well yes we all have our budgets to live by. I usually dont care for budgets as my camaro and my previous saturn (ya i said it) really didn't have one. I'm trying to do this more for fun. Seeing how far it can go with the least amount of money. The car is being built as a cheap street dragger, thats why i dont care for the heater box. Plus 30lbs off the front of the car. I have alot of experience dealing with cars with boost and no intercooler. I'm a huge supercharger fan actually. I love the help from you guys thanks alot. We will see how this thing goes.

cheap !!!!!

Take both left and right exhaust manifolds off and look @ the restrictions inside. Go to work on that.

would that cause a problem with general pulse flow if one manifold flows alot more than the other tho?

It won't matter. The key to the hot air is the passenger side header. The only ones that were available were Postons and ATR. Try and locate a used one. The drivers side header, crossover and uppipe changes have no effect on the car. The answer is flow-eliminate turbo elbow, larger downpipe, better passenger side header, test pipe and 2 1/2 inch exhaust. As is everything on a hot air-expensive. Brad

Hate to break up thread, but wasn't somebody in post preduction in making HA headers? (that's a member)

Up pipe is fine, Downpipe that really should be remade atleast into a 2.5 M-bent. Pretty much without the use of alky or anything really, I think if somebody just did, headwork(P&P bigger valves,100lb springs etc) Intake(ported TB, cold air intake with cone filter) that alone would help solid power.

I have an ATR 2.5" down pipe for sale, PM me for details...

For 13's, the cheapest way to go is NOS!!! hahahahahaha

seriously, our cars are a vacuum instead of a blower... our turbos have no kahonies, and the intake couldnt direct air even if it had a map and GPS... PORT WORK is where I would put any amount of limited funds...

I have a race ported and polished intake, matched heads with 3 angle valve job with manley 1.77 and 1.50 valves, and LT1 springs... the block is bored, but that wasnt done my be, but the pistons are TRW's, 030...

I have a modified stock turbo (thanks JERRYL!!!!), and a bored out throttle body... for $950, im waiting on my 2800 converter and the 3" DP from Gbody... Money VERY well spent over time. When all is said and done, i want to try and max out the stock turbo with alky, and see what all these mods get me... will I be disappointed, most likely a million times, but im going to max out this combo until the stock turbo is toast!

Good luck!!!!

John:biggrin:

i know exactly where your coming from here. Update though. heater box is now MIA. Have plenty of room to custom fab a 3.5" dp. Summit Racing shocks are on the way to my house. My one other big question is.... Do we use the same tstats as the 86 guys? If not where do I find one for our hot airs...

Switched my M5 nozzle to an M8 for a lil more methanol. Done
Going to find a 160* thermostat Looking
Some may not like this but a heater box delete will allow me to fab my own 3" dp with an RJC wastegate flange. delete complete stock dp still
I have a new fuel filter to put in, and stagemonster just installed a dual pumper on his gn and has an extra walbro sitting around now with a hotwire kit. waiting
Also would like some junkyard electric fans. Which ones have worked best for you guys? Looking
After that get a TT alky chip and add a second nozzle located in the manifold. Waiting
Then maybe some new shocks all the way around from summit. Ordered

Updates in bold

Updates in bold

II have a 160tstat i got off a member with some other parts, send to you for free but Any autoparts store will or should carry them. Again just get a good SS or spend some coin on it.

Also

Power 160
MID 180
ECO/MPG 192(stock)

Just remember the piston rings have to heat up enough to expand and seal so FYI. I haven't ran one with my TT chip but when i had Reds chip, 160 made my car run off a bit.

I would love to grab that 160 off you. How much are you thinking with shipping? Also Summit drag shocks went on today. 2.0 sixty foot and 14.2 at 94.