Next steps...

Just PM me your address Ill send it on me, its how things work around here .....sometimes haha. Another member did it for me, I'm gonna do the same for you bud.

Ok well thanks to RegalT-type85 I have a 160tstat on its way. Then I suppose I should start fabbing up my 3.5"dp. I really feel with both of those things done, and maybe a lil more methanol the car should be consistent low 13's without even throwing in a modified chip. Maybe I'm missing something since this is a new platform for me, but it just really feels like it should get there.

Ok well thanks to RegalT-type85 I have a 160tstat on its way. Then I suppose I should start fabbing up my 3.5"dp. I really feel with both of those things done, and maybe a lil more methanol the car should be consistent low 13's without even throwing in a modified chip. Maybe I'm missing something since this is a new platform for me, but it just really feels like it should get there.

3.5' that's alot of Downpipe lol, nice tho 3'' is all thats needed IMO. Got any pics of your setup? I need some meth also, scanmaster too i'm slacking on that.

ya with a turbo my opinion is the bigger the better... i realize there will be no gain over a 3" except maybe lower egt's.

id also like to know wat boostedyards86 asked about the thermostat are the 84/85 and 86/87 the same will the 86/87 work on our cars?

The 86/87 part numbers are different, so i would say no they wouldn't work. I gave him one from a 85 TR. I'm sure they can fit or maybe even work but for how long? or would it damage something? is the question.

damn well i'm getting sick of running 14's... I guess I'll order the RJC downpipe flange tonight. Probably buy more alky nozzle stuff. m10 in before the tb, and two m5 in the intake manifold... And clearly that means a alky TT chip... I think he gets back to work wednesday so I'll holler at him then.

P&P the heads, get them done also with 100lb springs, bigger valve, that should wake it up, along side a TA33 turbo. did you get bigger tires yet? Whats your list now? also meant to say, Bigger tire rear, good shift kit, should lower your ET.

currently looking for some cheapy tires from craigslist or ebay... not sure if i wanna do heads yet. If i do stagemonster has some old ported irons sittin in his garage. pretty sure all he would want in return are my stockers...then some new lt1 valvesprings.

List as of now really hasn't changed. CURRENTLY INSTALLED:
stock dp side dump
86 ecu with stock 87 chip
m8 methanol nozzle progressive style
15psi boost
autozone 3" CAI
summit drag shocks 90/10, 50/50
stock size tires
heater box/ac delete.
almost forgot installed a trans cooler too.
On the way 160tstat
Probably ordering tonight:
RJC dp flange
more methanol stuff

Go to a little tire shop or so ask for used tires, should be 20$ each. Your gonna toast them anyway, won't hurt. They should (atleast from legal stand point) have enough meat on them to be safe. I would ask for a matching pair of any 235/60R15 rear or whatever your liking. Hell some shops might even have used drag radials,who knows.

As strange as it sounds, go visit the local dirt track and see if any of the drivers are low on cash. Ths standars size for most of the is 235/60, 255/60, and 275/60. I got a new pair of tires because of a divorce for $60.

umm need to find some 15x8 in rims.... anyone have some for cheap. remember budget build. trying to see how fast i can go for as lil in it as possible.

15x8 ? If you think you need 15x8 to fit those fatter tires, you don't. They will give you the footprint of a 15x8 with a 15x7 rim.

HEHEHEHE great news guys. Threw in the 160tstat, and stagemonster's 26x11.50 15 slicks. It was in the 90's for the first to passes but still managed a 14.3 and 14.6...both at 91mph. These were made with 5psi-7psi boost launches. Then we decided to turn up boost alil. Next run it was at 16.5psi holding steady throughout the run. Left on 10psi and pulled a 1.9 sixty foot and ran a 14.05 at 94mph. Tried alil more boost on the launch for the next one and ran a 13.95 at 94mph. Last run only got up to 10psi on launch and ran another 14.07 at 95mph.

The car looks realy cool with my slicks on it!

Attachments

• frans t.jpg
    frans t.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 554
HOpe you put that gasket kit to use buddy! Nice runs BTW, lets get some pics of your engine bay!;)

I think the TT chip is best thing for you, order it, install it, love it.

haven't used the gasket kit yet. will eventually for sure. Def not getting the chip yet. Gonna make a dp first and see how that does, and maybe make an uppipe since i hear the hot airs are nasty restrictive. 1 3/4 in one spot. Plus I still need to hit up the junk yard for an electric fan.