Next steps...

The cold weather is screwing the car all up. We had the car zero'd in hardcore for warmer conditions running 16.5psi on the top end with 780mv O2s and zero KR. Now with the colder weather here the turbo is spiking 20psi and dropping to 18#, car runs stupid lean...aka like 035mv. Pretty sure the stock 25yo fuel pump is saying enough. And yes clearly running that lean its knocking pretty bad. So we are gonna throw in a walbro gs342 and see if the O2's are better. Maybe the KR will dissappear. If not, then we will turn the boost down a psi or two. And yes still need to order the damn RJC turbo to dp flange.

thank you sir. car is running great. lil rich with the new pump and stagemonster corrected me. Its a Walbro gs340m pump. sadly now i have to wait for RJC to fab me up a gated dp flange so i can go and make my 3.5" exhaust. I feel with that on the car, we should be looking at low 13's without a upgraded chip yet. Things should be interesting.

forgot ppl wanted engine bay pics. here they are with over 100k miles of grime on it.
IMG00019-20100903-1710.jpg

IMG00018-20100903-1710.jpg

IMG00020-20100903-1710.jpg

Really interesting, congrats on the 13's!

I imagine it really wakes up on the street, not just the track. Really interested to see how the big DP does for you, all else being the same.

honestly its working great imo. I have no way of seeing IAT drop, but it is a hot air on stock dp hitting 18psi with no KR... so I'd say its working pretty well. Results speak for itself I suppose. I'm really excited to make this dp though. RJC gated flange and custom DP. Prob fab a smoother flowing uppipe 2" diameter to keep exhaust velocity up for faster spool.

:) on my next turbo buick i want to play with pre turbo alky. best i could get my stock 84 to run was 20psi on 91 way back in the day.

Granted I'm running a C/T system but I think if you can get 2 & 1/8 pipe you'll be a little happier than the 2". I'm debating on using a 2.25" pipe myself and since we have simular designs you may want to look at a little larger pipe.

the goal is pre and post alky with e85 and maybe a new turbo and custom headers... but i'm getting ahead of myself. Since you probably know, when does the stock intake manifold pose a restriction? Any suggestions for a fix?

Granted I'm running a C/T system but I think if you can get 2 & 1/8 pipe you'll be a little happier than the 2". I'm debating on using a 2.25" pipe myself and since we have simular designs you may want to look at a little larger pipe.

well i was just gonna buy the gbodyparts uppipe, but considering the size of the exhaust were the o2 sensor goes I feel on a stock turbo (this is key to my logic) the 2" pipe will allow for ample exhaust flow for that particular turbo to spool up quickly and not choke it out. Lets face it the stock turbo is friggin small. I feel there is no need to up the size over stock till a larger turbo is being utilized and you need the increase in flow. Like I said, merely my own feelings on the matter.

Think of it like the flow of a river. Stepping the flow up with each creek that flows into it. As the flow increases the area it covers needs to increase slightly to compensate. If you have a 1.75" header stepping it up to a 2" is a little better but jumping to a 2.125" pipe will allow for expanding gasses. Jay'sGN pipeis a 2.25" pipe. I had one but couldn't use it. Very nice piece btw if you want to buy one.

thats true if the turbo would be able to make use of the flow. i just feel that a larger pipe in the exhaust stream will merely slow down exhaust velocity and directly affect spool. we will see i suppose. i do completely understand what your saying. And if this was a supercharged, or NA or even big turbo car I would definately step up in pipe diameter.

i will post back to you tomorrow about the intake

yes please do. i'm very interested. also out of curious what turbo are you running right now?

but anywho, for those following this thread the t type is taking the night off tomorrow from the track. i will be up there helping stagemonster with his 87 GN. Hoping for some serious times from his car...aka like 10's. Silly intercooled cars.

sorry didnt get this post today, i will tomorrow.

im still running my ta54 and hopeing for 10.50's in november