Next steps...

ya i know what you mean. just sucks spent every night for the last two weeks working after hours to get it running again and then it does this...ugh.

MORE BAD MOJO, driving around breaking in the motor the turbo said later. Covered oil everywhere. No KR at all bottom end still good I believe.

Remember all that debris in the oil pan when the engine melted down? Well turbo seals don't like that. Get you a standard rebuild kit and replace the carbon seal on the compressor side and the piston ring on the exhaust side. Actually if the oil is only coming from the exhaust then all you need is the piston ring.

ok i'm new to this what is remote oil system.... and ya i didn't think about that debris getting into the turbo. I make everyone else clean/rebuild their turbos but didn't think about my own. Damnit.

Look up how to rebuild the turbo in the how to section. You can get the parts from Gpop shop and it should cost you less than $100 if you do it yourself.

As far as the oil system, it's a remote filter which is only for the turbo. It gets it's own filter so it's better pretected. Check with TR customs or G body.

Garrett rebuild kit part # 472618-0000. Should be a turbo shop somewhere in your area. Check some of the local trucking part joints that sell and rebuild diesel injector pumps and turbos. That's where I got mine from.

wow this car is just not happy with me this year at all. Got stock turbo just to get the car running for the time being and then the radiator started leaking. Got a rad with dual electric fans and now the new fuel lines I added are worn threw. THe 86-87 lines dont fit exact and the front feed line has a rubber section that just rubbed a hole in it thanks to the pitman arm...If thats what the main steering arm is called in this car. Just can't win.

ok finally got things running and running well. Stock turbo is on for the time being. Did some tuning and hit up the dyno just to see what it would do. 16.5psi 3rd gear pulls and on the rich side but it put down 236whp and 320wtq. Not horrid for stock turbo, wrong chip and huge injectors.

ok, yay more issues. Seems my twin fan setup pulls to many amps and is causing things to work improperly. Meth pump cuts in and out during pulls, and with the radio on and high beams my battery voltage is around 11.8-12.0... Seems a bigger alternator is needed? What is everyone's thoughts on this?

well summit sells a 140 amp alternator. its on and voltage is much better. Meth still is inconsistent though. seems my controller or wiring may have gone bad. the controller is over 4 years old and sat outside all last year... Think i'm gonna put a new controller on and see if that makes a difference. Also my new turbo is on. Its a custom turbo with a t4 center stock compressor cover and p trim exhaust housing. The kick in the pants comes from the 60-1 compressor wheel :). Definitely need a torque converter now tho. No boost from the foot brake. LOL. Always something.

Been a while since I've been on here...Car is finally up and running again. Albeit alot has changed. The car now has a 5.3 lsx 225/225 turbo cam from speed inc, edelbrock vic jr efi intake manifold, FAST 4150 Throttle body, Extreme Velocity Top hat, GN1 FMIC, GT4202 on 15psi, Custom turbo piping, and a 4l80e computer. :) View attachment 222064

Attachments

• IMG_4950.JPG
    IMG_4950.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 368