Next steps...

Damn dude, I've been all tied up and haven't been back to check this thread...

Do you still need that ported intake and TB? They're sitting here all boxed up and I was just jumping on here to get your address:eek:.

Just by looking at your pics...have your heads been worked on already? Ports look bigger and more "squared off" than most stockers...:confused:

Check the intake ports too I guess...:confused:

Hey man did you ever get that intake and throttle body?

I sent em a while back...

sorry guys i've been really busy at my shop lately. i got wfo's ported intake and throttle body. and i have a used 109 block ready to go in the car. Before I do I'm building the trans...more like refreshing it with new clutches and a few other pieces along with a new torque converter. I'm just waiting on a lil more cash to get some other pieces to install the cam and heads from stagemonster. hoping to have it running by the end of the month.

long time since i've been on here. My shop really took off over the winter and we have been super busy. But, I have finally gotten time to put the motor back together. Crank is in right now and the pistons will get cleaned up and dropped in with new bearings tomorrow. Gettin every one else's buicks together is making me go stir crazy for mine!

I'll ask you this once before it goes higher than me. Please remove the link to your business from your sig or contact SGRIM about becoming a vendor.:)

I'll ask you this once before it goes higher than me. Please remove the link to your business from your sig or contact SGRIM about becoming a vendor.:)
Could have sent a pm instead of posting this in my thread. I'm not a vendor and sell zero parts. If it is that big of an issue on this forum then I would like a mod to pm me about it.

Ok guys, engine is almost done. Waiting for a few more gaskets and picking up lifters and z paste for the cam tomorrow. Next thing that I need to look at is fuel system. Being that i'm on e85 what should I change? I have a 340m pump, and 60's. With the new heads and cam I think I need to upgrade things. I was thinking DeatschWerkes 105lb/hr injectors, but IDK what pump to go with. I know a single 340m isn't enough. Could I do an inline 044? What are my other options.

have you done any reading in the E-85 section on the pump? I don't think a rail pump will work right if you still have the in tank unit.

As far as the injectors go, get hold of turbo tweek and you can get the chip and injectors together and save some guess work. I'd honestly say get 120's. You can always cut the fuel down but you can't add if you get to the max on the 105's.:)

whats the goal with this car? 80's and a DW pump will take you quite far. next it would be a double pumper and some 120's but you will need a modded ECM

Goal of the car is to honestly see how the heads, intake manifold, tb, and cam increased performance. I'm pretty sure I was maxing out the 60s before so I figured the 105's would be good...mainly cuz they dont need a modified ecm. And no charlie i haven't read much in the e85 forum. Maybe I should take a look over there. I was running E85 prior and was fairly successful, and feel that without an intercooler the ethanol fuel makes the car a very competitive street strip car. I just really need to figure out the pump issue. Time to do more reading.

TurboTweak claims 60's are good to low 11's on E85... is there any truth to this? If so I won't need to upgrade anything. And my pump and injectors should be fine as is.

we thought the same thing when we read what TT put. Lets just say the injetors came out in less then a week. We where maxing them out on a high 11 sec car

Remember that you can always get less out of a bigger injector but you can't always get more out of a smaller one. In this case bigger is better.:)

A while ago I spent several days going through the E-85 section myself just doing research so going through it would be a good idea. Some really good info hidden in there.:cool:

wow seems like there is a fuel restriction with the lines when trying to run e85 with big injectors and pumps... Maybe this is gonna be harder than it seems. I have a msd voltage booster at my disposal, but I dont see the walbro handling these pressures. and the deatschwerks 300 pump cant even support 80s even with 18volts. Seems i need a double pumper but none seem really happy with e85. So maybe sumping the tank and adding an a1000 is the best idea with new lines.... Any thoughts on this?

seeing that i dont think this car will go any faster than a high 11 should I even be worried about this though? Voltage booster and 80s with a 300 pump from the above brand? It only has a 212/212 cam, ported irons, ported tb, ported intake manifold, and a 58/60 stock housing turbo.

i would just do the 80's and a DW pump. Thats what we are doing on our intercooled car with a set goal of 11.50's

Ok that seems the most practical situation for me. I mean I will still be using some meth as well. Just dont see the need for a super duty fuel system with the goals of only goin high 11's.