Nissan GT-R kills it at the Nurburgring "Zero Competition"

Ya know I have never been a supporter of the ricers but taking all the bad feelings away it is amazing what the Japs can get out of their little engines, they still remind me of a toro weed wacker but some are on steroids!

I talked to the guy I work with tonight .I think being close to the power lines has left some damage. He told me his car has a v8 thats why its fast. I walked away. Makes me sick he does not know what he has. Really makes me sick is when I pull in the lot and see a Viper a couple zo6 corvettes and the Gtr. Must be nice and I piss them when I go off and park my 96 Century next to them. Dont get me wrong I love the Gtr just way to much money and way to much to fix if it breaks. We had one at Carmax that they took on trade with a broken trans .They sent the car to Nissan and the denied the claim. something about a switch that was on when the trans broke?The estimate I believe was just over 20k. They took it in the shorts and sent it to auction. Plus there is a Nissan tech on here that told me not to buy a nissan. When I worked for Chevy I told everyone to buy one so I would be busy fixing the junks. The one plus about the Gtr Is I think they are hand built and they have special techs that work on them .

I've heard, but not verified, that like the M5's, Nissan has a data recorder in the GTR to record all data, looking for abuse.

If you turn off the traction control, something breaks, then warranty is void.

Also, heard the trans is in the $20k range along with the breaks in the $5k range.

Never understood how/why someone would buy a supercar, then when you goto test it's super abilities, your @ss is left hanging in the wind if/when something happens.

Nissan is WINNING.....

hey diaz 87 Iam callin you out. and going to drag youre ass(streetoutlaws) .bring youre 2013 gtr to speed fest 12/7/13 palm beach intnl speedway son a get a good long at the back of my buick!
Nice call out. Love that show too

Hell yeah I sold it!!! In my opinion the only car worthy of BEING a substitute for the GN is the GT-R!!!!!

Also, the moral of the story of the video I posted is that the only way the GT-R were to smoke the rear tires is if the front clutch had broke

Sent from my HTC One X using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app
if the front diff is damaged on that car, it won't move period. The GTR has failsafe that protects the rest of the gear if some part should fail. Since the front diff does the initial work (e-diff), the dct transmission will not allow gear selection.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've heard, but not verified, that like the M5's, Nissan has a data recorder in the GTR to record all data, looking for abuse.

If you turn off the traction control, something breaks, then warranty is void.

Also, heard the trans is in the $20k range along with the breaks in the $5k range.

Never understood how/why someone would buy a supercar, then when you goto test it's super abilities, your @ss is left hanging in the wind if/when something happens.

Nissan is WINNING.....

It's not the traction control, it is launch control. Using that feature voids warranty...even though it is a factory installed feature. Thanks nissan.

All newer cars, especially supercars log certain data. Most likely in the GTR it would be clutch overheat cycles and over rev counts.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app