You can type here any text you want

Nitrous in reverse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Can't believe guys raced these cars when they were new. :facepalm:my wifes TTA was less than a week old with 300 miles on it when it hit the track. :D It was sold in 2000 an in the add I had woman owned an driven. Oh I raced it once ! :rolleyes:

back to the 4000 mile car. Is it clean an nice ?? NOS doesn't mean it was beat on. We ran it on the street a LOT.. 4/5 bottles a week . Is the car a deal ???

4000 miles, 1/4 at a time, lol.

That first picture, that is NOT a 4,000 mile car. I know em when i see em

TBH, I would pass on it. There are plenty of nice ones that have been better maintained out there, and on this site. Unless it truly was a 4k mile pristine example that was properly cared for and the nitrous never used. There are way too many variables and unknowns to justify diving into one like that. Especially with a direct port nitrous kit on it. :eek: IMO, you are setting yourself up for a big time disappointment. Especially if you are getting into these cars for the first time. If you do wind up buying it, I would highly suggest you unhook the fuel line and cap them at the rail and the fuel solenoid. As well as the nitrous line and nitrous solenoid. I do not recommend driving a car with a live fuel line to a solenoid that is what 15-20 years old? It will leak fuel past the seal and could cause a severe back fire / Michael Bay type explosion. That's definitely not worth it. Plug the nitrous solenoid as well, no need to introduce a vacuum leak on an already sketchy engine combo. You gotta look at it this way, when that setup was new, you know good and well the owner went through bottle after bottle playing with the car as often as he could. One dead give away would be the caked up rubber in the wheels wells/frame rails that's probably still there. And like has already been mentioned, it was no doubt parked because something went south. And either the 1st owner couldn't afford to fix it, or just gave up and moved on to another toy. I would runaway from that car, like Forrest Gump running for a touchdown. You have definitely come to the right place for answers with these cars, but there are very few car history mind readers left out there with them.
Run....

-Patrick-

If I buy the car, I guess it won't hurt to run it with the nitrous system installed (but never activated) until I decide if I want to return it to original or not. Thanks for all the advice.
If you like the car and it's great deal and your worried about the condition of the car do a compression test.i loved the spray one of the fun things that truly made the car faster.not a lot of these cars have a Cush history behind them regardless of the miles.just go through the car with someone who knows what they are looking at

Back