nitrous plate for gn

1000MileStylez

Black Sheep
im considering making my own nitrous plate using an stock plenum and chopping off the rest of the doghouse, has anyone done this? using a plenum spacer? how many and what location should i install the spray bars?

It would be very hard to get even distribution with a plate. Why not just inject it into the up pipe? Use a Power Plate and it should be OK. Of course, my opinion of N2O on a GN is the same as wiping before you take a dump, theres no point. Not saying some haven't done it successfully, but why? You want more air in the cylinders? Turn up the boost.

turn the boost up and have a nitrous shot.

nitrous in the buick community is not really talked about. just like blow off valves. lots of turbo cars (like supras) use nitrous to spool the turbo a lot quicker off the line. . . . . . . just a little thought. would it be cheaper to use nitrous off the line or put in a higher stall converter? am i just stupoid though? :)

i would also inject it in the uppipe.

Ok.. whats wrong with shooting NOS in the up-pipe? Its how efi wet shots are done.

A lot prettier setup if you insist on making a plate, get an RJC billet spacer. Will it work better? Probably not.. if you want better.. direct port is the way to go.

Then comes what have you done to the motor to handle the huge power your looking for. I hope you dont say stock pistons :rolleyes:

Finally.. you spend 400-600 for a wet shot.. then constantly are filling the bottle at 30 bucks a pop.. for a street car wanting 100 ponies.. up the boost on the turbo.. your there.. and give the motor octane.

The guys that may run NOS, do it for spooling their ferris wheel turbos due to lack of xyz...

If your GN is a stick, and cant buy an off the shelf converter, then yeah it could help spooling it.

Dunno.. I need 50 horse.. I give the motor 3 more lb's.

So back to your original question.. why do you want to go through all that trouble when a simple nozzle in the up-pipe may be all that you'll ever need? And I hope your car is on a diet of stickly 110 in the tank not once in a while.

ok well here it is

eagle crank
je pistons
218/212
GN1R's

1 5/8 primary custom headers

and a LT72 turbo

im looking for 9.20's with a bit of spray maybe even more

all of this on a 109 block, call me crazy but i think it can be done.

so can any real nitrous experts chim

I was thinking of doing a plate or a fogger per runner system

direct port would be way to much ($1800)

To NOS or not to NOS

(Geoff87 hates when I say that)

But anyway....

The way I look at it, we all have different ways of achieving power. Some like to turn up the boost, some don't. Some like Nitrous, some don't. Using "nitrous" is a very effective way to make mucho power. Personally, I have a 6 port nitrous set up sitting atop my plenum. It looks very intimidating when people see it and, it produces a very big kick in the a$$, if you know what I mean. I don't use it too much because, well to tell you the truth, it's quite scarry. Also, I've read alot of horror stories and so the few times I've squeezed the juice out, I got flashes of pistons and rods spitting out of my oil pan and let off quickly.

I think nitrous works well/better as an aid for those who don't have enough stall and use a big turbo. It assist spool and (assuming you have a convertor with at least a moderate stall) can push you while you're waiting for the turbo to kick in. Guys with stock heads benefit well from nitrous too because nitrous is not dependent on flow to enter the cylinders but rather, it forces its way in via pressure.

Anyway, looking at your parts in your post that you have in your engine and giving my most honest, technically professional, expert opinion on hitting 9.20's using nitrous? Hmmm I dunno. (I'm just a lazy Hawaiian stuck on a rock in the middle of the ocean going 11's) Just make sure you have some kind of catchment system to scoop up your JE's and Eagle crank. HTH

Originally posted by 1000MileStylez
I was thinking of doing a plate or a fogger per runner system

direct port would be way to much ($1800)

"Fogger per runner" and "direct port" are the same thing.

You aren't going to spray a whole lot, so use a wet kit spraying into the up pipe. If you want to hide it, use wire loom and place the nozzle in the bottom of the up pipe. Or you could move the nozzle downstream a little where it won't be obvious. Hiding the rest is easy. You can place the solenoids inside the car. Old trick to hide them plus it softens the hit so as not to break tires on the street. The bottle is also easy, just get creative. I like the old hollowed out toolbox or cooler trick. Use window switches or horn buttons to activate.

Not that I'm an expert. I am currently installing my 3rd nitrous kit as we speak. On my mustang, because, well, frankly, it needs it.:D I'd never spray my GN, because, like Razor said, boost=power. JMO

a fogger is not the same thing as a direct port system

direct port system from NOS goes into the injector bung and the injector sits on top of it. a fogger system, a 1/8th hole is tapped into the runner for a fogger nozzle to skrew into. a fogger system costs usually around 750, while the direct port system goes for almost 2 grand......

What im trying to achieve is when im at 35lbs of boost running on VP fuel c116(117) or nitrous blend (120) i want another kick in the @$$ on top end. I dont understand why 2 power adders would be bad, and or not make any sense? i dunno

btw the car weighs in at 2800 with steel cage. so if roy garcia has gone 9.40's with a full weight car in outlaw trim. then i dunno

First of all you are going to blow your block up. Second All you need for a good launch is a trans. brake. Direct port no2 does not cost 1800. You must be going to autozone or some other yuppie shop. Oh and turbo sam you cannot use a wet system in the up pipe onle dry, well unless you are putting an injector on it too. Dry systems are no2 only and a wet is no2 and fuel mix.

actually i work for a speed shop, and second we get NOS direct from holley and jobber price on it is 1300 for a 6 cyclinder direct port system.

The only reason's that im going to use my nitrous kit:

A) If I cant get into the 9's with my combo.
B) If im losing a street race.

Im only gonna have a 50 or 35 shot on it.I plan on giving the car a safe "race" tune and putting the n20 on a rpm window switch.

If I was going to do "NAWS" man:rolleyes: Id run a proresive kit. Put the extra $$$$ into it and do it right. A few Extra bucks now can save you a tremendous amount later. If you ever do it let me know how its working out for you. Good luck and dont kill the car:D

Originally posted by 1000MileStylez
btw the car weighs in at 2800 with steel cage. so if roy garcia has gone 9.40's with a full weight car in outlaw trim. then i dunno

2800 lbs.. what kind of car is this? Cage weighs a 100lbs.. so a GN that weighs 2700lbs.. must be a skeleton..

When you finally put your car into the 9.50 range.. we'll see if you spray it.

And get this, Roy did the 40 at 23 PSI ;) .. how do I know.. I was there when he did it :p

I need one of those boost guages :D

Originally posted by 85HOT-T
First of all you are going to blow your block up. Second All you need for a good launch is a trans. brake. Direct port no2 does not cost 1800. You must be going to autozone or some other yuppie shop. Oh and turbo sam you cannot use a wet system in the up pipe onle dry, well unless you are putting an injector on it too. Dry systems are no2 only and a wet is no2 and fuel mix.

Try actually knowing a little about a subject before posting, it goes a long way towards making you look less stupid. Have you even SEEN a nitrous system???? Why couldn't you put a wet system nozzle in an up pipe? You'd better go over to all the LS1 and Mustang boards and tell the hundreds of wet nitrous system users they can't do that. Oh, also explain how you'd go about putting a dry shot in the up pipe. Where does the extra fuel come from? This ought to be good........

Autozones a "yuppie" shop?! Dear God, that is, without a doubt, the funniest thing I've heard all week. Maybe one day I can afford to go to Autozone and get me some of dem der "NAWWWS" floormats. :rolleyes:

Turbo sam I actually do know my stuff about no2. Sounds like your all messed up. A dry system has only no2 thats why you would run that in the up pipe. Why spray fuel too, no point. Oh yeah and i have seen a no2 system, actually I have one for my 4banger s-10. Opps guess you talked too soon huh.

85Hot_T: You inject a "dry" shot like your talkin about,on a TR,youd go mega lean and melt the piston's.Dry kit's are for n/a car's,not turbo car's.

Ill run my kit on the rpm window switch cause I dont want to blow up my engine and a progressive kit will do me no good in my application.Ill be making 550+rwhp easily if all goes right.Plus ill have a full drag suspension so hooking will not be one of my problem's,I hope.....

I was thinkin the same thing Julio,2800lb Regal,WTF;) Car must be stripped to the max.

And im sure when/if I get into the 9's ill play with n2o anyway.Im on a mission,push a stock block as hard as I can or spit the gut's out tryin:eek: :D ;)

And all this in a full weight GN with T Tops,a cage,all steel,and all the extra bracing and dodad's.Im thinkin with me in it the car will weigh damn close to 4k lb's.

This post was a serious question and instead turned into intelligence bashing , battle of the wits rather. I dont know why some of you have to give sarcastic remarks. I only wanted information. Yet my question has still not been answered.

BTW I didnt build my car to do exactly what Roy did. I rather beat his 9.50 by quite some margin. We'll see.

Im also sick of everyones stupid opinions. When i first got interested in these motors, someone once told me that 4 caps is a waste of time and the crank needs flex....... that i just as stupid as some of your reponces.

good day..