You can type here any text you want

No air filter vs. Air filter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I disconnected the air filter and intake from the carb elbow to drive and see if I could detect a diffrence... and my car is MUCH faster than it was before. It was like my car was inhaling through a straw. Is this bad though? I can rig up a filter mesh to place inside the carb elbow to act as a filter.....

K&N is your friend kid. You can get them off evilbay for less than $50 including shippiing.

and try not to run it without the cover.... I sucked the hood liner into the carb onetime like that. and it will destroy your tune completly.

A.j.

you dont want to get dirt in your motor put a air clean on the car. get a k&n filter.

should I attach it to the carb bonnett? or run it the way Rich told me?

I disconnected the air filter and intake from the carb elbow to drive and see if I could detect a diffrence... and my car is MUCH faster than it was before. It was like my car was inhaling through a straw. Is this bad though? I can rig up a filter mesh to place inside the carb elbow to act as a filter.....
take off the carb hat once and youll see how bad it is too. Mike

i was runnin mine like that for like 2 weeks i decided to put a low profile air plenum on it and ran 4 inch hose to the front on drivers side past the radiator for evry 10 degrees you go down you gain 1 hp and 1.5 in torque

Back