No boost...The title says it all

bison might be interested in your stock turbo too. It might be a good way to save some cheeze on your repair.

Or send it to Kirbins and get the free H4 headlight kit. I got mine in the mail last week and it's pretty sweet. I'm going to make the wiring harness a little more better but I'm happy with the trade :)

What do they all do with those stock turbos that they want them badly?

You know how I am with my parts - I never like to part with any...;)

I don't like parting with mine either. The stock turbo I just sent Kirbins had been growing dust on my nudie book shelves since '99.

I don't think it went through the engine. If anything, as you said, the washer fell into the header and then passed through the crossover up into the exhaust wheel area. That makes the most sense to me. That is a big piece of metal to make it past a valve twice (intake and exhaust). I think that would be virtually impossible. I had a valve hang open on my old Cutlass due to a tiny piece of casting flash from an Edelbrock intake manifold once - the piece was no bigger than a 1/4 of an aspirin.

I don't like parting with mine either. The stock turbo I just sent Kirbins had been growing dust on my nudie book shelves since '99.

Me too. I always thought I'd use that garrett housing, but not likely for me anymore.

What does Dennis do with them though - that they want them so badly?

I'd go through everything. If that washer went through the engine it did a lot of damage.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'd go through everything. If that washer went through the engine it did a lot of damage.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Except for no boost - the car was actually running fine.
No shimmies, rattles, weird noises.
It idled nicely, ran pretty well on the highway, and like I said in one of the posts in this thread - it even could do a brake torque burn - admittedly not like normal.
I'm leaning towards hope that it did not get ingested, and am going to try a turbo.

Besides- at this point - what - I tear the motor down and find nothing?
I'm going to do some basic cylinder tests and might even scope the cylinders as best I can.
And then cross my fingers - put the TA49 turbo back on it - and give it a whirl.

I'm still hunting a decent temporary turbo so I can send this one to you for inspection.

The stocker I have from a parts car does not look in the best of shape.

I'm going to do some basic cylinder tests and might even scope the cylinders as best I can.
Doing a leak down on all the cylinders will give you a good idea of the engine health .