No forward or reverse

So are all the billet drums the same? I need to order one asap but I need to know which one fits, I've read that some need to be machined???

All the drums are pretty much the same. You have to cut the pilot shaft a little shorter on the back of the input shaft because the pilot hole in the end of the forward drum is a little bit more shallow than a stocker.

I have heard that some drums spin out of round. Put it in a lathe before it goes into the trans.

My brother pulled my tranny yesterday and it was the input shaft that broke again. I will replace with a 300M I believe is the strong one. I think I will replace the drum to the billet one too at the same time since it will be out for a go through on the frictions etc.

Shev

That's what I remember reading also^^^. I think if the Billet Input Shaft and Billet Forward Drum are used there's no machining required. Stock Input needs to be trimmed if using Billet Forward Drum. Check with CK or other part supplier to be sure tho'.
Some Info here>> http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/252424-billet-input-shaft.html

This is the Thread I was looking for in my 1st Post above>>> http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/352266-broken-2004r.html#post2826144

There's also an old Thread on here that lists the material/metal quality that the stock internal Hard Parts are made of and HP/TQ limits. I can't find it now tho'. I think Lonnie/QuickT posted the Info.

In order to make the drum stronger the pilot area in the drum is bored out to a shorter depth.This is done to increase the cross sectional width material at the fracture point.This internal bore of this area is not a torsionally loaded area but a path for lube oil exiting the center support to get to the overdrive planetary as well as a rear pilot to hold the input shaft and od planet on center .If you dont shorten the input shaft it will bottom out on the floor at the base of the inside diameter.It is a very simple modification.Our input shafts are all made to the shorter length regardless of drum type with NO side effects.