No fuel pressure

GNASH

My car has been in the shop getting painted for hte last month and has not been started much. Today I went to go and pick it up and the sucker will not start! The battery needed a boost, but I still had little to no fuel pressure show up on my gauge. Initially it ran for about 10 seconds but chugged like the choke was out all the way and stalled itself. So before I start tearing the whole car apart:

1) Eventhough my battery in the car looks to be toast, a boost from another vehicles battery should supply enough juice to prime the system....right?

2) Any possible relays fried?

The car for the last year or so has had a rich condition which resulted in numerous sensor replacements but no solution. Throw me a bone to give me a place to start. Can't even hook up the T-Link to see what's going on if it's not running.....

D

do you still have the stock fuel pump? If not is it hot wired? Is your alternator good? Check connections at hotwire if it is hot wired.

First get battery checked.
then alt. then start checking connections

when my walburo 307 died, here were the symptoms:

i would start the car up and it would run for a split seccond, than stumble to a hault. the fuel pressure gauge read somthing super low like 20 psi line off? somthing like that.

it happened because back than my gas gauge didnt work so i ran the tank dry a few times by mistake. the fuel pump fraged in the tank and had to take the thing off and send it out to be cleaned up.

good luck

It's a Walbro 340 in there that isn't too old...I hope the pump isn't cooked because I hate taking tanks off.........though I've done it enough times....

D

Got gas?

Don't want to offend anyone's intelligence, but is there good gas in the car? Might be worth double checking the level & quality since it's been sitting around the shop for a month.

I had a 307 crap out on me after just a few months. I had a problem like yours, intermitant though, and my hotwire was grounding out on the frame, just had to rewire it. Also an alternator going out can cause the same if the wire is run to it.

Geez you have some bad luck man! Try and bypass the iring at the pump and apply 12 volts at the back of the car. At least you could check if the pump works or not.
Dad's truck had a bad gas cap that would not vent and it kept sucking the fuel tank in and stalling the truck.
I know, it's a long shot.......

Yes there is fuel in the tank. That is the first thing I checked. The guy that painted the car said he had it running for about a half hour outside his shop and then it just slowly died out. Is it possible that the fuel pump cavitated? I would think that it would take more than one time of sucking the tank dry to do this.

D

Problem solved.....

Eventhough I had another battery hooked up, boosted by another vehicle, and running my cables off of another running vehicle bypassing my battery....the car would not start.

Turns out my battery was so cooked inside it was shorting things out. I could only get half the psi required to get my fuel line primed. Bought a new battery and installed it and to my total surprise, everything works fine and runs great.

Thanks for all the help on this one guys.

D