No more racing for awhile

T

The Boost Creep

I was cruising today, and stoped at a red light. This newer MR2 turbo pulls up, with his girlfriend and stares at my hood emblems. He revs it up and you hear his blow off valve. Cross street lights turn yellow. I quickly build about 4#'s, light turns green. I launch off the line and instantly pull about 2 car lenths lightly spinning. Then i go to full throttle. WTF! only 10#'s (oh yea, cracked headers). He starts to gain. He's about at my door when we had to shut it down because of traffic. Then this guy says "any more room and i would have pulled you." I just nod my head and go:rolleyes: . And in my head I say (any more boost and your girl would have jumped in with me.) Too close, next time someone wants to race, im just gonna act like theyre not even good enough to race the GN. Cant let our reputation be soiled by my neglect to get those stupid headers fix. Im sorry everyone it will never happen again.:(

It's all over newcelica.org right now I bet about how a GN chickened out as he was pulling on it, and he would have spanked him if they would have kept going. The worst thing is he's right:mad:

First of all i want to thank everyone for making me feel alot worse. You know you could have said dont worry, once you get the headers fixed youll be beating imports again. Ive never felt more like an outcast. I dont care i hope my reputation gets around here, because shortly when my car is finished I could make alot of money when people want to race the "slow" GN. Im no longer posting, i can learn all i need from reading others posts.

Originally posted by The Boost Creep
First of all i want to thank everyone for making me feel alot worse. You know you could have said dont worry, once you get the headers fixed youll be beating imports again. Ive never felt more like an outcast. I dont care i hope my reputation gets around here, because shortly when my car is finished I could make alot of money when people want to race the "slow" GN. Im no longer posting, i can learn all i need from reading others posts.

change your diaper man!!:D

could be worse.You could have had a bad cat and got beaten by a 1.5 liter N/A del sol.Dont ask!

my main point is that i have fun driving my GN even if it only pushes one pound and we shouldnt worry about what people on other boards think our cars can do, it make them all the more suprised when they get raped on the street or strip by the fast ones. We have good days and bad, we still own THE baddest cars period IMHO.

Whats the holdup? Yank that header off and weld it! Heck, bring it by and one of us locals will hit it real quick. We can't have 14 sec GN's running around ABQ! ;)

hey crash the only reason i haven't yet is i dont have a spare head to bolt it to. Ill pull them off next weekend if you tell me where to take them.

Member # 6,000!

TBC,

Did you know you were the the 6000-th registrant/member
of TurboBuick.com?

Congratulations & Welcome!

ah yes the spool up ive missed so much, ive almost forgot what tire smoke smells like.

There has got to be something else wrong. My Dr Pepper 84 T has header cracks like you wouldn't believe and it still runs 18 psi without any spool problems or lag. In my 85 GN, the little restrictor came out of the Y connection when I installed the TA-33 and I didn't notice it until the boost never went above 9psi. Took me about 6 months to figure that one out.:D

I'm sure that Crash could fix the headers for ya. Check with Lincoln, Jay, Max, Ed or anyone else I'm forgetting up there and someone is bound to have an extra head laying around to borrow for anti-warpage welding.

That could also be the case, so explain the restrictor. Is it inside the Y, if so which leg, where can i get another one if it is missing? How come many other members blame their spooling/ boost problems on the cracks. If the cracks dont cause these problems why would anyone bother fixing them. I mean these cracks especially on the passenger side are bad, i can put my figer near them and feel the pulses blowing out. I can imagine at WOT all that heat enegery ecscaping into the engine compartment and not helping spin that turbine. I want to double check that Y though, which legs go to what, wastegate, compressor outlet, WG solenoid. :confused: