You can type here any text you want

No Turbo Buicks!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I guess what part of the country you live in has a lot to do with it. Where I live in Southern California just driving to work is like a road race course on the windy mountainous roads I travel. Seeing groups of cars going on mountain runs is a common thing around here. There are no straight flat roads around here. Makes my car feel pretty boring.

Most areas of the country hold regular autoX events too. I can see your point about regals on the road course but using a TTA just for drag racing would be a waste.

I started this post because there were no TBs in the magazine, not about types of racing. As far as I am concerned, all the other pages could be blank as long as there is a TB of somekind. I never read about the other cars in there. BORING! I hope there will be something good in there next month.

I dont mind the autocross and road racing stuff but.......it's a subject that is just so overdone by everybody. Hotchkiss or BMR comes out with a suspension kit and every mag bolts it onto the project car and thats it. Any bonehead can bolt on a sway bar. Note to GMHTP, if it aint your speciality than dont over do it. Leave the handling and suspension stuff to GrassRoots Motorsports and the racing to SportsCar magazine.

Now if GMHTP wants to send some money and parts over my way, I wouldn't mind reworking my GN again. I'd like to go for the gold again. My only claim to fame is that I'm the only one to have ever raced a G-body in the Solo2 National Championship. I was there in 1997 with my 86 GN. That would be enough information to fill up at least a years worth of magazines....or really piss off the guys who hate going around corners fast.:biggrin:

Most of you guys don't realize how SMALL of a community we are compared to others. LS1's, LS2's etc. are HOT right now. Everyone wants to read about those cars...not Turbo Buicks. They already know about the GNs and what they can do. They want to know what they can do to their LS1 now that the price on those things are coming down and most people can afford them and modify them for cheap (like a small nitrous kit). Turbo Buicks are escalating in value and not the average Joe can afford one anymore...let alone them being 20+ years old!

Gmhtp

GMHTP is in a no win Catch 22 situation. Rick Jensen,s heart is in the right place but as Don says our community is small. Rick (this is my opinion) could give a rat,s tail about anything but T Buicks.Having said that GMHTP is in the business of selling mags.If the articles printed do not appeal to a large % of car guys they don,t sell mags. Rick gets fired then what have we got?

I too was a bit disappointed at the lengthy articles on road course stuff. And lack of Buick update or whatever in the latest issue. Love the mag and love all the recent stuff they have been doing with the buick build ups.
Just this months was waaaay different than typical.

Beggers cant be chosers I suppose next month will hopefully be better. One thing I have noticed is they dont always finish the GN build ups they wil 60-75 % and then just stop writing about it and then you are in the dark.

I just got my latest issue of GM High Performance and there was only one TB in the whole magazine and It was an advertisment! Being here in Germany, I am always looking forward to receiving it, sad but true. Man someone needs to make a magazine with forced induction GMs. You know, TB, Syclones and supercharged vehicles. If I only had the time!
Hey man i'm in Mannheim, Germany. Where are you? Is you GN over here with you?
Later, Randy

Back