North Florida TR Outing

scottyb

Spongebob Squarecar
The weather is cool and I'm really itching to get back to the track!

I'd like to suggest we get together on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 for GM test and tune.

Let's roll!

sounds good to me (hot airs like it cold)

anyone planning on going to kissimme BOP car show?
i was thinkin we could drive down as a group to meet up with the orlando guys. let me know if anyone is interested.

the 19th is sounding good. im going to ask off of work now so ill be sure to get it. sorry about this weekend scotty that whole baby thing screwed everything up- how rude it is to have a baby on the weekend!!! anyways i am working on the car this weekend for sure so if you want to help that would be great. catch ya later

hey guys, we have the reynolds BOP event on nob 8-10th...kendall and i are going for sure....and i think I have convinced 4-5 guys from highperformancetoys.com to join us...mostly f-bodies from TENN

there is a caravan for BOP in old town this weekend, for the BOP club of JAX (for those who havent joined yet) www.oldcitybop.org

dan

if i can make the 19th jax raceways event, ill spectate...since i will just have gotten back from reynolds, 8th mile will just seem......well you know :)

I am off on the 19th so I guess I am in.I think she may be ready for some baseline runnin'.I would like to try that red 93 chip out sometime scotty if you wann try out theat thrasher92 I got sitting here.It does not like my car,have no clue why not .Lemme know man.

Hey guys, sorry I've been out of the TR loop lately. ALOT going on with me these past few months. I just got the heads back on the car and having some concerns though before I bolt up the lower intake. A LOOOOONG story behind the "Fog Machine". It was a killer race with a 94 TT modded supra on the highway up to about 140+mph and I won. I should have the car running next week. I'm waiting on my ATR DP to be fixed AGAIN. Sticking puck. So I will call them today and see what the status is. I'll definately be out there on the 19th. L8R on guys. Oh BTW, I had 4 adults with the tops in the trunk with stereo box, 2 jacks and my spare. :eek: :D

Jax runs on Tue. I plan on being there the 19th. The BOP meeting for November is the following night on the 20th at Hooters in OP.

LOL....I know what you mean Dan. The 1/8 is gonna seem...well....boring...:D Guess I can try to make it to Jax on Tuesday as well. Maybe after Sat night at G'ville I'll finally have a handle on the new combo so I can run some respectable passes....;) :D

Well...Since G'ville was a wash out, I'll see ya'll tomorrow night at Jax. The weather looks real good for racing and turbo cars especially so...:D Hopefully they remembered to sweep the sand of the track (lol) so we can get some semblence of traction. So bring your turbos and see ya'll tomorrow night.

I live my life an 1/8 mile at a time.......:D

That way, there's never a problem getting a 10 second car!

i too am sorry for being out of the loop lately, I have flown almost every nite this week and right now i am on duty until probably past midnite.

hope you guys that ran, ran good....cause i sure didnt!

later
dan

Dayum, sounds like the Navy is getting their money's worth from you...lol. I know how that is...put in many a long hour during my time in the Navy and am glad it's over...lol.

As for running good...well, dunno about that. Car was still running rich and not wanting to build boost. Still managed a slip, sliding 7.51 @ 91.75 with only 17# boost and pig rich. Oh well, guess it's time for a new w/g actuator...Think the spring may be going bad on the old one. Had a good time though, even if the track was a little slick and damp. Good meeting all of you N. FL turbo guys.

Yeah I had a great time too. Let me say that it REALLY pays off to have slicks. The 2 far right lanes were for slicks only cars and I think alot of guys didn't know that because they were in the other 4 lanes. 1 time I had to wait about 20 minutes to run. All the other times were within 5 minutes. :D I had fun beating 2 tubbed and caged LOUD V8 S10's. I got the looks everytime I got back in the alley :D :D Yeah I was on my high horse, cut me some slack, I STRUGGLED for the longest time. Of course there was the purple and checker flagged V8 Regal that killed me at 6.2 @110mph :eek: :eek: to my 7.50 @91 mph. I went up against a very quiet V8 Ford Ranger that looked just plain as can be and he beat me at 7.1xx to my 7.47. My best run of the night was 1.64 60' 7.43 @ 92mph. The only addition I did this past time was the ATR rear sway bar. I thought with the much colder weather, I would have gotten the best times yet to beat my 1.59 60' 7.29@94.69. It had to be about 50*, but I know the humidity was very high. I need to know more info about high humidity and performance loss......:confused: :confused: I had fun seeing everyone from Scotty,Glenn, Lonnie (AKA Trash talker :D)and Hotair84 (sorry I forgot your name. Steve is it????)

Man....I wish Jax would have been hooking like my local track did tonight....1.60 60 fts which lead to a nice little 7.30 @ 92.75 with only 18#(damm weak w/g) and the front wheels with 2" to 3" of air under them:eek::D ......I may talk trash, but I'll sure do my dangdest to back it up...:D.....Ya'll need to make the drive and come visit my little hole-in-the-wall track one weekend. They are switching between Friday night and Saturday daytime Test n Tune sessions. If you want to think about it, the website is southerndragway.com See ya'll at Gainesville soon...I hope. :D

You all better be glad I did not get to run the Silver T.I got a ticking from the bottom of the motor.Don'tsound good.I am going to try to pull the oil pan and check it out today and will let everybody no the damage.Scotty it wasnot the torque converter bolts,Well atleast I was in a good mood for a little while when you told me to check it. Will

but I know the humidity was very high. I need to know more info about high humidity and performance loss......:confused: :confused:

The water molecules displaces oxygen molecules, therefore less oxygen to burn it taken in by the motor.

well im really glad that you guys had a great time out there. i on the other hand had a horrible night. it was my first time racing on a tree and i did manage to pull a .573, .603, and a .568 r/t but my times were horrible. i hope you guys had a good laugh at my misfortunes. no really i had a good time regardless of the bad luck and ill see you guys soon again!!!

Well shouldn't the water molecules supress knock, therefore be able to turn up the boost? :D J/K

Nice to meet you Josh (19year boost) If the parking lot was not as full, I would have raced you thru the isles. :D :eek: I may have a faster car, but you had the women. HeHe. So who's the real winner there...HaHa Maybe you can come over to my house and we can work on tuning the ole hotair sometime. Drop me a mail if you'd like too.