You can type here any text you want

Not a single kill!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toomanymodz

Ok guys, maybe you can help me. I've owned my new GN since last November and I have yet to have ANYONE want to race me. I have taunted cars, got up beside them blowing out boost etc. And nothing! I know they can hear the 'horse sneeze' but they don't take the bait.

So far I've taunted the following: New Pontiac GTO, new Camaro SS, new vette, Porsche Carrera S, new Cobra, and countless ricers. I mean, what gives? Is everyone aware what these cars can do and they're just afraid to get spanked?

Hey Chicken, do you have any advice for me? You're schooling people almost daily. How do you do it?

i think most racers only race when they think they are going to win that said.
your car
does it sound loud or like a race car ?? does it look like a race car?? Do you have a lot of hot-rods/ricers in your area?

now
my car is quiet (doesn't sound like the typical muscle car) and it has BS tires. i get a ton of offers to run as i think they see/hear a cow. i have even had a few cars ride the rear side of my car listening to my exhaust to see if they can pick something up So i just stay of the gas and coast(keep the turbo wine to a minimal) and sure enough they pull up and go through the regular lets race stuff. which i then just blow off and slow down or wave thanks (as if they said nice car) i don't street race.

But def look into the look of you car you just may be scaring them of.

I have full exhaust (flowmasters, no cat), drag radials and a few little stickers on the windows. Side quarter glass says 'Buick Racing' and the back window sez 'The Heartbeat stops here!'. Just a little intimidation to see, but nothing too racy. Here is a recent pic:
4782599357_d1dc9cb2f1_b.jpg

looks bad ass dude
DRs, loud FMasters, Studs on a all Black Regal- YELL "i will leave you in the dust if you even think about racing me"
Good luck Dude.
I have full exhaust (flowmasters, no cat), drag radials and a few little stickers on the windows. Side quarter glass says 'Buick Racing' and the back window sez 'The Heartbeat stops here!'. Just a little intimidation to see, but nothing too racy. Here is a recent pic:
4782599357_d1dc9cb2f1_b.jpg

How many RWHP & RWTQ does that car lay down the way that it sits?
What's it run in the 1/4?

I think your car is awesome. One quick question though, what made you go with the T-Type wheels instead of grand national wheels? I think its an awesome an unique look!

IMO it looks pretty mean.thats probably why no one dares to try the "dark side":biggrin:

Ok guys, maybe you can help me. I've owned my new GN since last November and I have yet to have ANYONE want to race me. I have taunted cars, got up beside them blowing out boost etc. And nothing! I know they can hear the 'horse sneeze' but they don't take the bait.

So far I've taunted the following: New Pontiac GTO, new Camaro SS, new vette, Porsche Carrera S, new Cobra, and countless ricers. I mean, what gives? Is everyone aware what these cars can do and they're just afraid to get spanked?

Hey Chicken, do you have any advice for me? You're schooling people almost daily. How do you do it?

Geez.....all I gotta do is drive around for a little bit and they practically fall on me.

Have you tried brushing your teeth?
...a lil' swishy swishy with some Scope perhaps...?:p

Oh....wait...
Purple window tint...give it a shot...:biggrin:
I think that might be my magic bait.

Chicken, you're hilarious! I'll try brushing the pearly-whites and see what happens.

Gary, the car used to be raced by the previous owner. It ran a best of 11.27 @119 MPH. That was with 25 lbs of boost running race gas. I've since upgraded the chip from a MaxEffort to a TT 6.0 wide band, upgraded the injectors from 43 to 60 lbs (duty cycle was maxed out), and installed a Tinman cold air kit (dropped the air temps by 40 degrees!!), so I don't know what it's capable of now.

Znix, the T rims weigh about 19 lbs each, compared to the 29 pound steel GN rims. That's 40 lbs of rotating mass saved. I like to keep things weighing as little as possible.

It just looks too mean and too well taken care of to be considered anything other than quick. The cars reputation probably precedes it.
Definitely a nice looking GN.

How many RWHP & RWTQ does that car lay down the way that it sits?
What's it run in the 1/4?

Next thing to come from gary is the offer if you want to sell it. LOL, the car looks mean plain and simple, I use to drive around in my GN looking for fights and could never get a single bite., they see the huge MT in the rear and its an instant "Im going to get my AZZ handed" reaction from you Opponent so they dont even dare to try.

Next thing to come from gary is the offer if you want to sell it. LOL, the car looks mean plain and simple, I use to drive around in my GN looking for fights and could never get a single bite., they see the huge MT in the rear and its an instant "Im going to get my AZZ handed" reaction from you Opponent so they dont even dare to try.

...and the one chance you had to run against me on the PCH outsied the south end of Huntington Beach....you blew through the yellow while I stopped...:confused:

...and the chance you had to run against that 10 second Acura....you sold your beautiful GN and bought a Toyota.:confused:

tsk, tsk, tsk.....:frown:

:biggrin:

Oh....wait...
Purple window tint...give it a shot...:biggrin:
I think that might be my magic bait.

That's it baby. I have purple window tint too! Unfortunately all I ever get to have is lite snacks.

ZO6's bad boy Shelby Mustangs everywhere here in doctor town but they all drive like my 83 year old mom. None will gas on it. Followed a new Ford GT 40 for miles and he never revved past 2500 or went faster than 45 mph.

Mikey

looks bad ass dude
I agree. I'm liken the T wheels on the GN. Bottom line is that car just looks indimidating period! It's no suprise guys don't want their ego hurt. I'm curious to see many takers I get when I get my car on the road in a month or so. Mine is blue so im thinken or hopen people think its granny car.

Your car does look great.
You need to verbally tease these people. No one will resist when you say something smartass like "will that piece of $hit even spin the tires" or "Your Corvette couldn't touch my V6 regal"

Need to get rid of the stickers. Not a sleeper In my book.

What does your license plate or plate frame say? My 2 cents.

Nice car though.:cool:

I agree! Get rid of the rear window sticker ASAP and limo tint the windows or no tint at all. :)

Beautiful car BTW. ;)

Back