You can type here any text you want

Not a starter problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JIm Duda

Yesterday I changed out my "S" bypass hose. There was some prying, pulling and out right yelling and screaming. I refilled the overflow tank and went to start the car to get the coolant back where it belongs. That is where I am now. The engine cranks but won't catch. I checked the gas pressure gauge and at crank it is at 55 lbs. I checked the wires and there is spark and pop. I thought that I cold have flooded it because of my prying but as of this morning it still doesn't start. What is around there that I may have pried against or possibly damaged? I do have wires that were laying across the top of the engine that were moved there after my rebuild. I checked them and they all appear to be connected. Any ideas?

Might want to check out your cam sensor wiring. If damaged it could cause a no start issue.

What Dave said would be my guess too.... with all that prying and pulling - you probably damaged and/or unplugged the Cam sensor which is right by the S hose.... next time if you dont need the hose just cut a slit in it and take it off.....;) - much less aggravating

aaron

Thanks guys, I'll check that. Aaron, the prying was for putting the bottom section on. I finally used pliers to get it on. I am not very mechanically inclined and normally pay someone to do my work. This just gives me reassurance that I have been making the right decision! LOL

Back