You can type here any text you want

Octane boost question??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

radtech

I would like to run a few pounds higher boost but have only 91 octane here in AZ. I could get some LEADED race fuel, but was wondering if there are any advantages of purchasing some Octane Booster that they sell in auto parts stores? The bottle claims to raise the numbers 5-8. Thanks!!!!

well first thing first the octane booster you find at autozone or any place like that is junk dont waist your time or money. where do you live in arizona? If you want more boost on pump gas get Razors alky kit. i also live in arizona with 91 octane and i have run up to 28 pounds with the alky kit. Also you might want to post your mods and what your looking to get out of the car. How much boost you running now? Timing? Scan Tool?

I'm running at around 15 lbs boost. Car has a TA49 on it I THINK. Car has 42lb injectors and a Reds 93 chip. I'm gonna get a ScanMaster next so I can make sure there is no knock. I live in Fountain Hills. There is only LEADED gas at the Pavillions near my home. I may see if Scottsdale Airport has racegas for sale. Thanks!!!

you should be able to run about 14 or so pounds on 91 before you get knock. It just depends on the car. A scan master will be a start. As far as the turbo if you post pics of it Partick or other board memeber might be able to help you out and let you know what it really is. also leaded gas isnt bad as most of use run leaded fuels in our cars. on the other hand if your still running a factory cat it will destroy it pretty quick and it will take out 02 sensors. good luck and good reading. the search button is your friend and fill free to ask lots and lots of questions. A stupid question is a question not asked.

Get the Scan Master then get alkycontol. You will not regret it. Most people will say it is the best mod they ever did to there car. A lot of people like it so much they put it on every turbo car they own

Agree, a few tanks of race gas will pay for an alky control kit. Alky Control will put a big smile on your face :)

100 unleaded at the pumps Union hills and CaveCreek.

Do you guys know where I can get a scanmaster? Are there newer verses older ones out there? As far as the turbo, Nick Micale wasn't sure about the size because it has the Garrett 3 bolt housing on it. I believe he said I would have to pull it to look at the impeller.

Unleaded 101

Get the unleaded 100 octane I usually mix Trick 101 unleaded with the 91 pump-gas definately helps,or get leaded to try and get a 93-95 mixture. The gas here sucks the 91 has ethanol in it. Trick 101 goes gor almost 6 bucks a gal. C16 is just over 8 a gal.If you are running a Factory cat gut it or take it off until you do emissions again. The cat will suffocate your turbo. That 104 Octane booster may move your octane a couple 10ths of a poinnt, .2 octane not 2.0, you can buy a gallon C16 for the cost of a can of that crap and move the octane alot more.

Alcohol injection is worth its weight in gold. If, however, you have to have higher octane anyway and can't find 100 unleaded (which it sounds like you can, you lucky dog), you can always use the 30% Xylene trick, but it's getting expensive. Around here a 5 gallon can of Xylene is now $43.... and it's even more in most other places... ouch. And whether you're using 100 octane from a gas pump or from your own mix of 91 and Xylene, you're burning it ALL THE TIME. Run down to Wal Mart, never exceed 35mph, and you're still burning your expensive fuel. Go with alcohol injection--it's only used when you get into boost, i.e., on demand. Also, leaded gas will eventually ruin any O2 sensor, but the Denso will give you the most mileage for the money, in my experience--and they aren't as expensive as some others. I've gotten mine on the internet at sparkplugs.com or some such name. Been a while and I've run leaded gas through it a few times, so it goes to show that they last.
Keith

I'm running at around 15 lbs boost. Car has a TA49 on it I THINK. Car has 42lb injectors and a Reds 93 chip. I'm gonna get a ScanMaster next so I can make sure there is no knock. I live in Fountain Hills. There is only LEADED gas at the Pavillions near my home. I may see if Scottsdale Airport has racegas for sale. Thanks!!!

The station at bell and 56th street carries 100 octane unleaded at the pump. They also have leaded in the garage.

Back