October Gathering Ideas?

NCTyphoon

Now that Autofair is over, time to plan for October. What dates are favorable? Where do we want to go? Some ideas I have are:
* Pilot Mtn Cruise In & Burnout and/or the last High Point Let's Talk Cars cruise in for the year(not sure of the date, but would be a Sunday)
* Jordan Lake
* Blue Ridge Parkway Cruise/ Picnic (like to maybe Moses Cone Park)
If anyone has a preference or other idea, let's hear it

Guys and Gals,
Anyone can sponsor a meeting....we can come to your house, place of business, local attraction (park?) or favorite restaurant! All we need is a place to park our cars. We can even bring a turkey cooker!

You are always welcome to come to Albemarle to:
1. my shop (bring the cooker or we can go to LogCabin BBQ),
2. my house (have a gas grille and plenty of parking) or
3. we could go to Morrow Mountain State Park for a picnic.
I'm craving some deep fried turkey!

Conrad

And as always, everyone is welcome at my house as well. I forgot about Morrow Mtn State Park, that's a good idea Conrad!

Guys and Gals,
Anyone can sponsor a meeting....we can come to your house, place of business, local attraction (park?) or favorite restaurant! All we need is a place to park our cars. We can even bring a turkey cooker!

WTF Conrad, you make it sound like we're a traveling circus.

Well.... Now that I think about it :eek:

I vote Pig Pickin and Shanes!!!!

I was thinking the same thing this weekend:biggrin:

Let me check with the cook(s), my buddy Steve has just had surgery and I don't know when he will be good to go. I will post up in a couple of days. I personally have only cooked 1 and that was with the help of my dearly departed Dad. I hate to try and you guys come down and I mess it up:eek: Steve and Randy both said they would love to cook again for us so I will check!

Should be good to go!

Things don't look good on this:(

I don't know how many of you remember my friend Steve. He was the guy that had the camaro. Well he had surgery and things have went the WRONG way. He is not doing good at all. Please if you don't mind keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery. It would be greatly appreciated!

Ummm... Anyone like to run their cars?? :confused: How about a track date?

K.

I'd like to run mine. Unfortunately, weekends between now and end of year are filling up fast. Would have to be a Sunday or weeknight.
Conrad

Things don't look good on this:(

I don't know how many of you remember my friend Steve. He was the guy that had the camaro. Well he had surgery and things have went the WRONG way. He is not doing good at all. Please if you don't mind keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery. It would be greatly appreciated!

Hate to hear that Shane. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Is this the same Steve that has run with us at Farmington on several occassions?
Conrad

Ummm... Anyone like to run their cars?? :confused: How about a track date?

K.

What track do you have in mind. A 1/4 would be great;)

Hate to hear that Shane. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thanks a million bud!!!

Is this the same Steve that has run with us at Farmington on several occassions?
Conrad
No... He is my neighbor and one of my best friends. He arranged the cooking last time for the cook out...

we just need to go back to Rockingham either end of october or 1st of november and kill 2 birds with one stone...

I will try to call Steve at the Rock and see what is open:biggrin:

The Reynolds, GA. event is the 1st weekend in Nov.

How about one of the local tracks for a test-n-tune date like we used to do??

K.

we just need to go back to Rockingham either end of october or 1st of november and kill 2 birds with one stone...

sure, no problem....I'll even issue the first "grudge race" challenge: Eric vs my truck.....