You can type here any text you want

Oil coating on spark plug after running compression test

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNT

All-

I just finished running a compression test on my stock GN with 88k miles. Every cylinder read 150psi per which I believe is very good readings. However, I did notice that plug 6 had a light coating of oil on it while the others were dry...the car does have leaking valve gaskets and I did notice that the #6 plug outer wall has a significant coating of caked on grease and liquified grease as well from leaving the engine run for over 20 minutes in order to perform the compression test.

Should I be concerned here? or is it possible the leaky valve cover and gunk may be the cause??

Please help!

All-

I just finished running a compression test on my stock GN with 88k miles. Every cylinder read 150psi per which I believe is very good readings. However, I did notice that plug 6 had a light coating of oil on it while the others were dry...the car does have leaking valve gaskets and I did notice that the #6 plug outer wall has a significant coating of caked on grease and liquified grease as well from leaving the engine run for over 20 minutes in order to perform the compression test.

Should I be concerned here? or is it possible the leaky valve cover and gunk may be the cause??

Forgot to add that the oil coating is on the electrode

Also, the car does NOT smoke and there is NO oil in the radiator...as i stated all cylinders are at 150psi per of compression

was the coating on oil on the hex and the ceramic, or on the electrodes and base ring?

If it's the ceramic, it's just an oil leak. That doesn't have anything to do with engine health.

was the coating on oil on the hex and the ceramic, or on the electrodes and base ring?

If it's the ceramic, it's just an oil leak. That doesn't have anything to do with engine health.

Hello Earl. It was on the electroid itself

Back