You can type here any text you want

oil coming out of dipstick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostdeznuts

TURBO PART WHORE
I have oil coming out of dipstik tub. is the pressure in the crank case pushing the oil out? TIA

I had the same problem and I chased it down to a bad check valve and PCV. I used AZones PCV1162.

I replaced my PCV valve and it didnt help me, then i did the egr block off/removal. Whatever that did it seemed to fix it.

A breather on each valve cover will help too. The PCV is located between the injectors on the passenger side of the intake manifold. Get an AC Delco one a bad new on is a bad as a bad old one. You can test it by trying to blow through it it should work like a check valve

A breather on each valve cover will help too. The PCV is located between the injectors on the passenger side of the intake manifold. Get an AC Delco one a bad new on is a bad as a bad old one. You can test it by trying to blow through it it should work like a check valve

2nd the breathers when my car was stock it would blow out my dipstick. put 2 kn filters on and the problem was gone

I had a problem with breathers. First 1k miles or so it go oil soaked, nothing good came from that. Wasted money trying to find/fix problem unknowing it was the breather.

I would stick with keeping the breather into intake, just use a better breather. I myself use a mr gasket breather with outlet to the intake pipe, NO problems since. I never ran dual breathers but sure it would help, if single or any open breather (if used) i would advise to check/clean them weekly. Unless it's the tall/angled kind, those should be find.

A Crankcase Evacuation Kit would be best IMO.

Mine was a blown headgasket leaking under the intake and pressurizing the block.

Mitch

I don't think I have a blown HG but it has just started pushing oil out the dipstick as well. I did have an RJC brass PCV valve but removed it and reinstalled my original delco. Still pushing. I'm barely running any boost at the moment {14 psi} and have'nt beat on the car whatsoever. I do have GN1 VC's with twin K&N's so it breathing. I have'nt driven or pushed the car enough since I bought it to have hurt a HG.:confused:

Man you guys are giving me a sick feeling.:frown: This is "not" making my day, LOL.

I don't think I have a blown HG but it has just started pushing oil out the dipstick as well. I did have an RJC brass PCV valve but removed it and reinstalled my original delco. Still pushing. I'm barely running any boost at the moment {14 psi} and have'nt beat on the car whatsoever. I do have GN1 VC's with twin K&N's so it breathing. I have'nt driven or pushed the car enough since I bought it to have hurt a HG.:confused:

the previous owner may have hurt it before you bought it. it probably was weak and you kept chipping away at it. lets hope that this isnt the case

If it had a blown headgasket wouldent it show in the oil or start smoking from the exhaust???

My issue has been solved. When I installed the Champion VC's and K&N filters, the rubber grommets were solid, so I cut a cross slit across the bottom of the 2 grommets to let the PCV valve do it's job by pulling in fresh air but the slit's would keep oil from from pushing out from the lifters under boost. Good theory but, it also kept pressure inside the crankcase thus finding the easiest way out through the dipstick along with oil.

My issue has been solved. When I installed the Champion VC's and K&N filters, the rubber grommets were solid, so I cut a cross slit across the bottom of the 2 grommets to let the PCV valve do it's job by pulling in fresh air but the slit's would keep oil from from pushing out from the lifters under boost. Good theory but, it also kept pressure inside the crankcase thus finding the easiest way out through the dipstick along with oil.
there is a big L on your forehead!!!:biggrin: easy mistake just pray you didnt push your oilpan gasket out!!:eek: nice find. that is stupid that they do not come already vented

Back