You can type here any text you want

Oil filter adaptor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdanna

So in the process of replacing my radiator with a new alradco unit - i found i had some crappy oil cooler lines installed by previous owner that had a slow leak.

I replaced them with really nice AN lines, and in the process - the adaptor for the oil filter (where the lines connect into and the oil filter screws onto) cracked.

Where can i get a new one, and how do i even get it off to replace it?
I hate when a simple job snowballs into a nightmare :/ but such is the life of classic car ownership...

In the last week or so someone else had the same issue. Go back on the threads and there's a link for new ones that look much better than the originals. Don't remember if it was engine, general, or lounge post though. Sorry.

ooh yes
was it these?

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oil-cooler-sandwich-adapters.aspx

the old thread doesnt say which one fits right though.
Also - how do you get the old one off? do i just unbolt the stud where the filter screws on? this car has the adaptor for a larger filter size on it, if that bolt is how the whole thing comes off im going to need to buy some bigger deepwell sockets.

is there a gasket for this thing?

That's the right place. One of the guys bought 1 so you might PM him or call them to see which one you need. The screw that the filter goes on is what unscrews so you can remove adapter. It uses an O ring not a gasket.

That's the right place. One of the guys bought 1 so you might PM him or call them to see which one you need. The screw that the filter goes on is what unscrews so you can remove adapter. It uses an O ring not a gasket.

do you know what size that socket is? biggest deepwell i have is 7/8 and thats too small.

It's metric but you can use an adjustable wrench since it's cracked. You don't need to worry about damaging it after all.;)

Back