Oil filter blew, all oil dumped...Goodyear oil change..suggestions?

I would tell you the part number on that filter only it is at the mechanics sitting in a plastic bag waiting for the insurance appraisor to assess if there is any damage to my engine.

It looked just like the AC PF52 (longer in length than our shorty gm filter) from the outside.

I will post it later.

Todd

Re: Re: Oil filter blew, all oil dumped...Goodyear oil change..suggestions?

I BET THE WORKER DRONE VO-TECH school dropout PEON'S that serviced your car put on a 3/4-16 thread fram 3600 filter on there!

[/B]

I RESEMBLE THAT! I NEVER MADE IT TO VO-TECH. I used just such a filter for 30,000 miles on my TR. It was a huge Purolator L30001. Could afford to change my oil every 2000 miles because of not having the "synthetic habit". Never had the slightest problem. I'm thinking more like it was a not able to read college graduate who put on the wrong filter and it didn't have 3/4-16 threads, 'cause they work fine. :p

Goodyear pd for new motor&turbo!!

Well, new motor is in thanx to Dana W towing me from Wisconsin to Atlanta GA! Had motor built for me and installed with his own warranty. Thanx DANA!!

I confess. I (allegedly) made sure that the crank was obviously hurt. I (allegedly) drained all the oil out of the motor, it was knocking, then ran the hell out of it, it was knocking louder now, then refilled it back up with the same drained oil.

I had to make sure that the crank etc was obviously hurt so the "independent" 3rd party inspector could not debate the damage and leave me with a $2000 tear down bill.

There, don't I feel better now? Thanx for all your input and sympathy. I will only let one Bozo change my oil now. ME.

Late,

Todd

Familykar:
The motor started smoking on start-up, was one qt down in 1100 miles, mostly highway. Probable valve seal.

I could not risk the "$3 grand"cost of tearing down the engine just to find no damage to the crank that was obvious. I would have to go to court to argue over microns and pay a lawyer and pay for the total rebuild except the obvious valve problem. No thanx.

My mechanic told me that I could be sure there was damage to the crank if I heard a knocking sound. Other than that it was a total crap shoot whether I could see crank damage.

So all of a sudden there was this horrible knocking sound. It was very loud and kept getting louder. The sound that normally would lead a guy to scream real loud and then empty their wallet.:eek:
I just drove it to my mechanic with a big smile on my face.:)

We shall see what their 3rd party "impartial appraisor" has to say.
I confess. I (allegedly) made sure that the crank was obviously hurt. I (allegedly) drained all the oil out of the motor, it was knocking, then ran the hell out of it, it was knocking louder now, then refilled it back up with the same drained oil.

I had to make sure that the crank etc was obviously hurt so the "independent" 3rd party inspector could not debate the damage and leave me with a $2000 tear down bill.

There, don't I feel better now? Thanx for all your input and sympathy. I will only let one Bozo change my oil now. ME.

Late,

Todd

Maybe some of our in house Law Enforcement will offer an opinion on your situation. I usually stay out of crap like this but here it goes. To me it sound's like a binding confession. The word Allegedly means many different things, you cannot accuse yourself only implicate. However, in the context of your usage of the word we can construe that the actions were asserted to be true and IF you performed the listed actions above. You Familykar,
(aka Concealed weapon) have commited Insurance Fraud which is a Felony.
Thanks.
Based on your statement(s) you just made it that much harder for those out there with Legitimate motor claims. Off the Box...

I agree with Rollin Todd.

We will not delete this thread, but you can since you opened it.:rolleyes:

Yep.. Thanks for driving up my insurance bill, because you choose to DEFRAUD the insurance company.

Next time you decide to use a CUSTOM filter w/your OWN oil, get your lazy ass under the car and change it. Or sell the TR, there's many more RESPONSIBLE owners out there that won't STEAL from corporate America.

Since you're so tough, post you name, so I can QUICKLY call Goodyear corporate and get your lazy ass busted for fraud.

Bastard.. :mad:

Well................Let's get honest

My name is in my profile, my phone and where I live. I'm not hiding.

I see all the honest (perhaps self-righteous) people chiming in. Only thing is I am honest. Maybe stupid but basically honest.

Before you condemn me to Buick Hell, put yourself in my shoes.

Fact is it already is a rigged game. Here is an alleged example:

Goodyear ruins my engine, 28000 miles old, agrees that it was their fault putting on wrong oil filter which blows off and starves my engine of oil.

If I want to risk a $2-$3000 teardown to PROVE they damaged my engine which is now smoking and burning a quart if oil in 1100 miles they will send out their appraisor which is paid for by them.
(I have been told that some appraisors are under contract and that any money they save they get back in benefit payments) My mechanic further told me he has seen outright fraud where obvious damage was caused and the appraisor said it was not caused by the shop that did the damage. Rigged game.

I ask you legally, morally, and in fairness, "what the hell did I do wrong." In a fair world THEY should prove that there is no damage to my engine.

I offered to go by the industry standard told to me by the Buick dealer: "Warranty my engine for 3 years or 36,000 miles. If any oil related problems occur then they fix them." They did not want to go by the industry standard.

DECISION: Play the rigged game totally stacked in their favor and have faith in a fair outcome? (a lawyer costs as much as the motor) Risk being out $2-$3000 and have to sell the car. (Yeh, I know, get out the violins, cry me a river)

Well, I'm ready to read about all you guys that actually made this decision to be honest and trust the legal system and be willing to lose your car or whatever because of your morals and faith.

I truly admire and respect those that can. I could not. I will build a shrine and offer prayers to your spirit. Forgive me if I failed you.

Todd Borsuk
608-257-1956
FAMLYKAR
CONCEALED WEPN
1030 Moorland Rd
Madison, WI 53713

Re: Well................Let's get honest

Originally posted by FAMLYKAR
I ask you legally, morally, and in fairness, "what the hell did I do wrong." In a fair world THEY should prove that there is no damage to my engine.

The world ain't fair,it's rigged in favour of the "haves" and the "corporate pigs"[money swillers].
Right now you're a naked man in a bar room fight and your ball$ are swinging in the breeze,waiting to be hoofed.
You don't admit to "alleged" fraud on the internet or anywhere else.
Say no more about the subject and quietly delete this thread[as was suggested].