You can type here any text you want

Oil flow into front cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Justa6MB

Well 5 months later...I finally got my engine back from the engine builder. He did have a concern about the amount of oil flowing into the front cover. He primed the oil pump and looking through the fuel pump opening he showed me the stream of oil. Oil pressure was 70 psi and considering the oil had already flown through the cam - it had already did it's job. So he thought it was likely just the way it was, but I thought I should double check. Is this normal? It was pouring in there pretty good :)

One man's ''pretty good'' could be another man's ''that's not enough''...

IF the oil flow spraying around in the front cover is excessive, there's two ways that could happen... Worn/loose ft cam bearing clearance or missing oil galley plug(s).

Then again, it might be normal. I've never looked.

Keep in mind 70PSI is a lot of pressure. A tire has about 32psi, think about how much it flows if you put a 1/4" hole in it.

Your oil pressure spring has a retainer in it with a few holes to let the excess pressure out. My engine builder came across 2 pump kits that the retainers did not have the holes in it and the pressure was ridiculous. It had so much pressure that it was damaging the oil filter. If some other guys chime in that your pressure is way too much u might wanna check there.

Back