Oil leak, but from where?!?

Pace 1989

Recently did valve guides and had both heads off. Put back togeter, and now there is an oil leak. I've done the intake 3 times now (last time I used RTV between the heads), and played with the driver's side valve cover.
I can drive 500mi and only loose 1/2 a quart, but if I go around the block and hit the brakes hard a couple of times I'll loose a 1/2 quart.
It looks like it's coming from behind the bracket that holds the alternator, tensioner and A/C to the block. Oil eventually accumulates on top of the timing cover. Oil is only running down the driver's side. I've also replaced the cam sensor's o-ring, the valve cover gasket, the intake, and made sure the front cover bolts were all tight.
Is there something that would leak heavily under braking that is on the front of the head? Oh yea, this is a TTA.

Ken

I think the turbo is O.K. It seems to be coming from the driver's side. Like it was the front corner of the intake or the front of the valve cover and running down to the front cover. I know it's not the intake. The valvecover doesn't seem to be leaking either. I had one bolt left over when I did the valveguides, and I don't know where it goes.
Is there something on the front of the head that would only leak on braking?

Ken

I can't imagine anything on the top side holding a 1/2 qt of oil. It would have to slosh out and in a big way to even dump a 1/2 qt under two hits of the brakes. So if I understand correctly, it's collecting in the valley on the topside of the front cover underneath the cam sensor, that sharply "V"'d area? Sounds like you need a dye kit. Don't know what else to do.

How about your turbo drain-back line? You would be amazed at how much oil makes it way through there (did a test one time and I bet 1/2 gallon in a minute). Maybe the line has a crack?

Not the turbo drain back hose. I looked at that and it's bone dry. Also it would be leaking all the time and pretty steady if it were that. This leaks a little unless I stand on the brakes. Anyone?

Ken

Pace 1989,

DId you find the cause of your leak? I have one in the same spot I am trying to cure? Do you have the part number for the cam sensor o-ring?
THanks,
Dan

Originally posted by cam69ss
Pace 1989,

DId you find the cause of your leak? I have one in the same spot I am trying to cure? Do you have the part number for the cam sensor o-ring?
THanks,
Dan

Cam sensor shaft o-ring GM part#1959331 Merry X-mas