You can type here any text you want

oil leak help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
i have been working on fixing all my oil leaks. well here its is i steamed off engine and no leaks but when i do a couple off passes at 20psi i find oil on the drivers side valve cover. right between the upper two bolts it puddles on the valve cover edge ....where is this coming from????? egr? i tightened it any and all input is apreciated....also i have steamed it off 3 times and all is fine until i go for a couple WOT passes thanks:biggrin:

Check your breather on the valve cover. If you have the straight billet with K&N filter, it will some times leak under boost. If thats the case, they sell a billet tube with a angle like the factory had.

i have been working on fixing all my oil leaks. well here its is i steamed off engine and no leaks but when i do a couple off passes at 20psi i find oil on the drivers side valve cover. right between the upper two bolts it puddles on the valve cover edge ....where is this coming from????? egr? i tightened it any and all input is apreciated....also i have steamed it off 3 times and all is fine until i go for a couple WOT passes thanks:biggrin:

Dipstick tube

Wrong side.

It might be blowing through your breather. I jammed coarse steel wool into the breaher tube. The oil will coalese on the wool and drain back into the engine.

He said drivers side, under boost oil tends to blow oil out the dipstick tube. Put a vacume plug over the dipstick tube next time you run the car at higher boost levels.:)

ok fellas thanks for input.after a closer inspection it looks likr its comming from the egr valve but its not from the mounting base it looks like its comming from the diaphram edge any one else seen this before?

He said drivers side, under boost oil tends to blow oil out the dipstick tube. Put a vacume plug over the dipstick tube next time you run the car at higher boost levels.:)

Hate to sound stupid but what's a vacuum plug? BTW I'm having the oil blow out the dipstick tube under boost over 10 PSI....Frank

Hate to sound stupid but what's a vacuum plug? BTW I'm having the oil blow out the dipstick tube under boost over 10 PSI....Frank
You may want to check your pvc, their should be no oil around that egr. Vacuum plug is a rubber cap used in carburetors to block off unused vacuum ports. Sounds like your building to much pressure in the crankcase.

Vacuum cap. The rubber caps can be purchased at any parts store. If you are blowing oil out your dipstick tube at 10 psi boost, then you have either a blown head gasket, bad rings, stuck open PCV valve, or a plugged breather. Do you have valve cover breathers? If so, then look for a bad head gasket, or bad PCV valve. Try plugging the PCV valve first.

An EGR valve cannot leak oil. EGR valves flow exhaust gasses. Might be a bad intle gasket?

Good Question Gil I Get Oil On The Passenger Side Valve Cover Around The Bolts Down By The Headers Never Found Out From Where But Maybe My Oil Breather Check Yours Carefully Good Luck.

Al

Back