You can type here any text you want

oil pump gears

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

micknick1

Somehow my filter housing came off tonight. Do I need to time the gears to the motor for the oil pump or just set them up? Thankyou Mike:rolleyes:

How in the world did that thing come off? With 6 bolts holding it down it should have made a BIG mess when they got just a little loose (and smoked you engine)

To answer your original question, there is no timing to do. Just make sure the dot on both gears are on the same side. Personally I'd put a new pump in while you're there as they are really cheap.

The trick is setting the end play and keeping everything clean. There's plenty of people that have shotgunned pumps with the cover on the car but the only way to do it right is to pull the cover.

how in the world did that thing come off? With 6 bolts holding it down it should have made a big mess when they got just a little loose (and smoked you engine)

to answer your original question, there is no timing to do. Just make sure the dot on both gears are on the same side. Personally i'd put a new pump in while you're there as they are really cheap.

The trick is setting the end play and keeping everything clean. There's plenty of people that have shotgunned pumps with the cover on the car but the only way to do it right is to pull the cover.

+1

Back