You can type here any text you want

oil pump spring ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cooled85T

Empty Pockets
What spring is used in the oil pump for HV. Is it a tighter coiled spring or loose? A guy gave me a cover with a bag full of springs for the oil pump and not sure which one does what.

Ive got a blue one in mine and it relieves at 70psi. Ive seen yellow ones that relieved at 48 psi:eek: . Verify with a gauge!

I just found the installation instructions for the oil pump kit. According to it the orange spring is 40#, the yellow is 60#, and the blue is 70#. But like 87buickracer said I have seen yellow springs give you 70# :confused: A couple of years ago I built an oil pump for my son's car using the yellow spring thinking it would give me 60#. When he brought the car up here this year so I could do some work on it I noticed his oil pressure was almost 100# cold and 70# hot :eek: I thought I had mistaken and put the blue spring in his pump. When I pulled the spring it was the yellow one :confused: . I pulled a yellow spring from another kit and put that one in and low and behold 60#'s of oil pressure hot :rolleyes: It could be some kits have mismarked springs? Like bison said, verify with a gauge.

Back