Oil temp sensor location?

larry33kc

I’m going to install a oil temp sensor, and even though I know the best place to install it is in the pan I really don’t want to drop the pan to install it.

So what other options do I have?

youll need 1/2-20 bolt or fitting with a seal like used on drain plug , some aftermarket drainplugs are flatter and could easily be drilled and tapped for 1/8npt sensor , brass would be easier like fitting blf-26 cut down so it can still be installed with a wrenh and tapped for 1/8npt

Are you running a turbo saver? That’s where I put mine. In the second “IN” port that’s otherwise blocked off.

Yes I have a turbo saver but it will have to be drilled and tapped it doesn’t have a extra hole.

thats usually where they are ?? deep pan and a girdle sensor is going to get clipped uder the pan

XRP Turbo oil filter kit, then insert a temp probe tap adapter block prior to the filter.

If it's a larger mechanical type I put one in a T at the oil cooler adapter line fittings.

If it were a small electrical 1/8" NPT sensor I'd put it in a T at the turbo feed line block where the idiot light sender is too.

You can hook up your oil pressure gauge this was at the oil feed brass block to the turbo...this is a mock up to show you...let the battery be the oil pressure sensor as an example....I did it this way to my '87 GN and works just fine.....

Bruce '87 Grand National
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG