OK im officially screwed 4 sure, but i went 12.7 first

Lunkan said:
I disagree, at least about the timeperspective. Blew the headgaskets, replaced EVERYTHING (including girdle and main caps) but crank/rods. But when I took it to the track a year later (half our years are winter) I broke the posi-unit. Then we decided to sell and start a REAL project (http://stb-racing.com)

For me the time factor has been the shops and $$$ The car is now at KDK Performance and has been there since Late November. I'm not in much of a rush cause I would like for the project to end, but I would also like to have my car this month ( I hope) I sent it to him to have it tuned I was getting over 30 deg of knock and could not figure it out. But He did. According to Kevin the last engine builder put my #5 piston in upside down :confused: all my pistons had a mark for pointing up and this one was pointing down and since they are off set this was causing the wrist pin and rod to slide/hit make noise or someting like that in the cylinder and the knock sensor was pulling the timing out. BTW that's a nice project you got going :cool:

Jas89TTA said:
For me the time factor has been the shops and $$$ The car is now at KDK Performance and has been there since Late November. I'm not in much of a rush cause I would like for the project to end, but I would also like to have my car this month ( I hope) I sent it to him to have it tuned I was getting over 30 deg of knock and could not figure it out. But He did. According to Kevin the last engine builder put my #5 piston in upside down :confused: all my pistons had a mark for pointing up and this one was pointing down and since they are off set this was causing the wrist pin and rod to slide/hit make noise or someting like that in the cylinder and the knock sensor was pulling the timing out. BTW that's a nice project you got going :cool:

Who built it the first time?

Jason

I called and left word with Holly about 2 weeks ago to let them know what happened and was told he would call me back. I'm still waiting for the call :rolleyes:

Jas89TTA said:

hmmm that's kind of odd that they only got one in backwards, I could understand if they did it to all of them because they misunderstood the direction for the marking or something.

I thought that was strange myself. But I do know I was getting 30-40 deg of knock on my scanmaster with no more than 8 pounds of boost and could not figure out why so I sent it to KDK and that's what he found.

Lunkan said:
I disagree, at least about the timeperspective. Blew the headgaskets, replaced EVERYTHING (including girdle and main caps) but crank/rods. But when I took it to the track a year later (half our years are winter) I broke the posi-unit. Then we decided to sell and start a REAL project (http://stb-racing.com)

and how long have you been doin the new project ???? it has been a while !!! :biggrin: never mind the $$$ blowin out the window :p opppssss... just looked at the link ... you bailed on the TTA an bought a Firebird that needs a drivetrain :confused: if ya want to go fast why not a chevy turbo'd engine :confused:

Quiky One said:
Thats disappointing. Let us know how it turns out with Hartline.

Jason
I talked to Cal @ Hartline today. What happened was he says he did not take the pistons off the rods. But he also did not notice that is was installed wrong and would do what he can to help make it right. What may have happened was Before I sent the engine to him I did have the motor rebuilt by a local machine shop. They installed the new pistons and assemble the short block. I'm just ready for my car to be complete so I can drive it :) I should have just replaced the head gaskets back then instead of trying to build it up some and it would not have cost me so much and I would have been enjoying the car. I've learned alot with this car and my wife has been very patient with me. I hope it all works out soon. In the three years I've had the car I've had the motor rebuilt 3 times now the tranny rebuilt once (by a local guy) and it blew up at the track so I got a Stage 2 tranny from CK Performance. And I also bought the car wrecked and had it repaired and repainted. I'm also stubborn so giving up is not a option :D

SlowTTA said:
Crazy Swedes :biggrin: ...looks like a lot of fun and a lot of money:).
Why do everybody keep saying that we Swedes are crazy :rolleyes: :cool: It will be alot of fun along the way, for sure :)

Grumpy said:
and how long have you been doin the new project ???? it has been a while !!! :biggrin: never mind the $$$ blowin out the window :p opppssss... just looked at the link ... you bailed on the TTA an bought a Firebird that needs a drivetrain :confused: if ya want to go fast why not a chevy turbo'd engine :confused:
We bought the chassi a year ago, sold the cars during summer last year. IF everything turns out as we hope, we MIGHT be taking it to a track sometime this autumn.
Why do You have the cars You´ve got? When You answer that question, I guess You´ll find the answer to our choice of engine ;)

**sorry for off-topic**

Lunkan said:
Why do You have the cars You´ve got? When You answer that question, I guess You´ll find the answer to our choice of engine ;)

**sorry for off-topic**

the only reason I have V6 turbo's is because thats what they came with .. you have an all out race car ... little different don't ya think :confused:

Grumpy said:
the only reason I have V6 turbo's is because thats what they came with .. you have an all out race car ... little different don't ya think :confused:

Trans Am´s never came equipped with a stage2 engine. And You´ve got one according to You´r sign.

And I´ve seen/heard of racecars from the US with st2 powerplants. But maybe we´re not allowed to build that here in Sweden :rolleyes: