okay. i've been had by eBay. lesson learned

Update.

Per eBay, cars over 20 years are ineligible for protection from odometer fraud.
Cars over 10 years are not eligible for undisclosed damages.

Looks like court is my only option. I'll have him served by certified mail. If he avoids signing for it, I don't think I can do much.

I did get under the car. Amazingly the frame only has surface rust, that I can see. The floor pan on the driver's side looks like a small bomb blew a hole in it. Someone then tack welded (yes tack weld) a piece of sheet metal in. Good thing I bought a welder! Passenger side is rotting away the original floor. Looks like I'm gonna be cutting/grinding/welding new floor panels.
I'm not worried about the work I have to do... IF I paid about $2k for the car. LOL

Jeep was sold about 8 months ago. Then he bought a rusty GN for a few grand and wanted to dump it. At that same time he had a "mint red Typhoon" lol. He was in school up there for UTI not here in FL. He is so full of bs. He also tried to do that trade through ebay for typhoon so we both were protected cause i was not comfortable with him. He is really pesky like a car salesman calls like every hour and pushy! Also he pulled the i go to church you can trust me lmao!!!!!!

Have the court papers served by the police. You can have that done through the court. Anybody at his residence who is 18+ can sign for it. If he fails to show up to court, you are automatically granted your judgement. If he shows and later fails to pay whatever you are awarded, you can get a lien against his house or other property. Still not a guarantee you will see any of your money anytime soon.

Here are my thoughts....

Assuming you know who I am then you know I have sold a lot of 1986-1987 Turbo Regals.....sight unseen

At a quick glance the seller was located in Michigan. That would be cause for concern right off the bat unless seller said car was garaged kept based on the price you paid. You being in California, see mostly cars with no rust so rust is something that you don't see too often I would suspect. Michigan on the other hand.......

You can bet money all the rust you are seeing at least that much exists you haven't seen until you get the car up on a lift.

One thing that may play in your favor....is check the frame for rust and the laws in your state concerning frame rust...on our state you could not put the car on the road. That may be your key to getting your money back if the car can't legally be registered in California due to rust in the frame area making it unsafe. Again just a thought. Something to explore.

The adjustable fuel regulator is ours...all billet construction....a plus.

On a side note since we have had transporters pick up cars from me you would be amazed at some of the stories they can tell....some cases the buyers are so upset they want the trucker to load it back up....

Pictures don't always tell the entire story....in your case it didn;t even come close. A local friend of mine had a similar experience with a car bought off ebay that was no where near as to what it should be. He let it sit for several months untouched trying to make some sort of settlement....

Not sure what your options are but you oughta run it by a lawyer familar with automotive cases like this and save all your emails concerning the car to see what the seller did claim.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here are my thoughts....

Assuming you know who I am then you know I have sold a lot of 1986-1987 Turbo Regals.....sight unseen

At a quick glance the seller was located in Michigan. That would be cause for concern right off the bat unless seller said car was garaged kept based on the price you paid. You being in California, see mostly cars with no rust so rust is something that you don't see too often I would suspect. Michigan on the other hand.......

You can bet money all the rust you are seeing at least that much exists you haven't seen until you get the car up on a lift.

One thing that may play in your favor....is check the frame for rust and the laws in your state concerning frame rust...on our state you could not put the car on the road. That may be your key to getting your money back if the car can't legally be registered in California due to rust in the frame area making it unsafe. Again just a thought. Something to explore.

The adjustable fuel regulator is ours...all billet construction....a plus.

On a side note since we have had transporters pick up cars from me you would be amazed at some of the stories they can tell....some cases the buyers are so upset they want the trucker to load it back up....

Pictures don't always tell the entire story....in your case it didn;t even come close. A local friend of mine had a similar experience with a car bought off ebay that was no where near as to what it should be. He let it sit for several months untouched trying to make some sort of settlement....

Not sure what your options are but you oughta run it by a lawyer familar with automotive cases like this and save all your emails concerning the car to see what the seller did claim.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

i did worry about the car being in MI. snow.. salt.. etc. i asked a bazillion times: you SURE there is no rust?? "NAW, bro. it's good. not a single bit" etc.

i got under the car a bit. AMAZINGLY, i see NO rust on the frame. i need to get under to get a better look. some surface rust, but i see no cancer. that has me thrown off a bit but hopeful. there is the issue with the floor i mentioned above. i already have sheet metal i can use to cut/weld in place. no biggie.

i now have TWO of those FPRs. LOL. anyone need one? it's good to have, but who KNOWS what the pressure is set at.. along with my mis-matched injecors. and who KNOWS what tune is going on. but yes! a nice FPR. :)

i'd like to talk to a lawyer. i have NO clue who, in my area, deals with cases dealing with cars, etc. but it can't hurt to try.

all in all, i'm assuming i'm stuck with a $7,000 turd. i'm gonna cut, weld, and polish the turd best i can. i accept i'll be $20,000 into a $13,000 car. LOL

it's an expensive ordeal, but i'm not totally bummed. i still look out in the garage and wanna hug the car. i love it. my son loves it which makes me love it any more. haha.

i'd like to say that i'm not in a hating mood because i got burned. i simply feel they guy owes me some money for falsifying information prior to a purchase. if he gave me back $800-1000 or even sent me some doors and a trunk, i'd pretty much be happy. i'm trying to give the guy benefit of the doubt that maybe he's just completely ignorant about what the car was like. if he messed up, fine. admit it and make it right.
but he still, right now, swears up and down that the car has no rust. well... er... now he says "oh. it has surface rust. it will sand right off". i'm not cool with the guy acting like i'm being completely unreasonable.
the guy just puts lies on top of lies and i'm just not cool with any of that.

Insure it for 8k and leave it in a bad part of town with the keys in it.:biggrin:

I hate it when people lie like that. At least be somewhat honest and he could've said it needed doors and the bumper fillers and a new weatherstrip kit. I'm trying to sell my 78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe and I tell them up front that eventually it needs floorpans. They're not bad enough to warrant replacement now but eventually when somebody starts make floors for the 77-90ish B body then I'd fix it. It could use a custom chip or maybe a bigger cam to make it run better-under full throttle it's rich and to start it you have to prime the pump 3 times before you here the pressure is up, it drains back to the tank for some reason overnight. Not a big deal to me and not worth dropping the tank until the pump craps out personally. I believe in telling the interested buyer these things so they know what they're getting into or deciding to pass on it. I enjoy driving my car with these issues just fine for now although I would like to get the rich under WOT fixed. It has the green stripe injectors and on the stock 1978 short block/cam I think they are too much for a hotair EFI setup. You could buy my Lesabre for $5k and it comes with extra parts I've aquired over the years. It does not need paint ahs a new top, could use a new carpet(spilled some rust converter in the back and a hard blob is stuck to it):mad:. There's more to tell and I will always tell you the whole story. You can go here to see some local GM club members comments on the car. http://www.mngmp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1846

Attachments

• IMG_3754-1.jpg
    IMG_3754-1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_3753.jpg
    IMG_3753.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_3751.jpg
    IMG_3751.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_3752-1.jpg
    IMG_3752-1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_3755-1.jpg
    IMG_3755-1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 330
I love that Lesabre...talk about rare. If you still have it in the future, I might have to make a deal with you on it. Just no room for it right now.

As soon as the snow is gone here I need to take more pics of it. The trunk looks nice and the original Firestone Steel belted Radial 721 RWL tire has never been mounted for use. I carefully scrubbed it with a tooth brush to get it clean and not remove the watermarks/stamping on the tread. Like I said, the car is not perfect and I will not lie about it. It's pretty nice but as with any old car it can always use more. I need to get the AC charged and also look into the vent doors. Even with the selector on cold right now I think it's stuck in the heat position, it's not switching to cold air. The CB radio does work(even though you really don't get much air traffic anymore). ....I almost forgot to mention, I have to go back to a junkyard near St. Cloud, MN. I was their a couple weeks ago to get parts to fix my Sport Omega and they have a 78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe. Motor is gone but I still need to get the Turbo coupe items off of it before it's scrapped. I don't need another rear axle assembly but an FYI to anyone with a Bbody. The 8.5" 10 bolt in these cars use non c clip axles so the bearings are pressed onto the axles just like a 9" ford. For certain classes that go quick enough I've heard they require you to get rid of the c clips. Sorry kaj, I guess I feel I'm stealing your thread and I'll stop now. I still think it sucks about your deal.

It still gets me about his idea of no rust "it's good bro" He must be mental. Really? You see the doors everytime you get in the car and you're gonna try and say that you never seen it before or something to that effect? The rust is the hardest thing to fix on a car, yeah it has other issues but the no rust thing is the biggie for me. Living in Minnesota I see how bad cars can be and I'm doing one now that has a lot of it, but I'm in no rush to get it done-Well maybe a little just to get it mobile. It has almost no floors at all and even the drivers seat bracket was rusted away at the front left mounting bolt for the seat. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3341573/1981-oldsmobile-omega I normally wouldn't tackle something in this shape but I guess it just has ME written all over it. You know what I mean, I couldn't resist.

Sorry to say your Dreaming... 13K?.Maybe 8 if it was sweet.According to Facts and figures Book 6-9k..Ive seen hot air cars converted nice ones go for 8k.Dennis Kirban is probably the best in the country at telling you car values he has bought and sold more TRs than all of us put together

It still gets me about his idea of no rust "it's good bro" He must be mental. Really? You see the doors everytime you get in the car and you're gonna try and say that you never seen it before or something to that effect? The rust is the hardest thing to fix on a car, yeah it has other issues but the no rust thing is the biggie for me. Living in Minnesota I see how bad cars can be and I'm doing one now that has a lot of it, but I'm in no rush to get it done-Well maybe a little just to get it mobile. It has almost no floors at all and even the drivers seat bracket was rusted away at the front left mounting bolt for the seat. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3341573/1981-oldsmobile-omega I normally wouldn't tackle something in this shape but I guess it just has ME written all over it. You know what I mean, I couldn't resist.

He keeps emailing and texting me to sand it down and paint it. "thats just surface rust, pro. It comes right off." No joke. After I sent him close ups including one with a screwdriver sticking out of the hole.
I hear you on the project. I'm sure I'm stuck with the car. So, may as well make the best of it. I'm not wanting a restored vehicle. I was also never planning to make a profit. This was never an investment for me. So, the fact that ill have more into it than its worth is of no concern to me. :)

Sorry to say your Dreaming... 13K?.Maybe 8 if it was sweet.According to Facts and figures Book 6-9k..Ive seen hot air cars converted nice ones go for 8k.Dennis Kirban is probably the best in the country at telling you car values he has bought and sold more TRs than all of us put together

So you can understand the frustration I have towards this guy.

Kaj if you want me to call him let me know. I can probably get a different reaction being that i have spoke with him many times and im not direct with you or him. I just cant see how he says its surface rust lmao!!!!

Kaj if you want me to call him let me know. I can probably get a different reaction being that i have spoke with him many times and im not direct with you or him. I just cant see how he says its surface rust lmao!!!!

Sure. Why not? Maybe you can convince him I'm not making all this up. LOL.

I have almost been in this boat 3 times.
1st timke was ebay auction for a 69 camaro. I was 2nd highest bidder and auction didn't make reserve. Guy emailed me and said high bidder wasn't interested in car and that I could have it for my high bid. reserve was 18K, my bid was 16K. car was located in northern TN. I told the guy I would drive up from FL. with a trailer. Glad I did. After looking at the car I told the guy I wasn't interested. He dropped price all the way to
11K, nope, don't want it. to much bondo, undercarriage rust and b.s. that wasn't disclosed. I was only out about 150 bucks for hotel and gas but I brought wife and kid so we made a long weekend out of it.

2nd was a "1 owner" no rust garage queen camaro. guy wanted to trade even for my 87 GN. I made the 3 hour drive to look at camaro since it wasn't registerd and he had no trailer. Well, same story, rust bubbles, hole in floor board etc.

3rd was the best. Looking for a fox mustang for my son on a budget. 89 LX 5.0 pops up on CL. Guy wants 3K for it. Looks real good in pics but pics are small and one pic looks like a GT. I ask the guy on the phone, "Is that the car in the ad?" Yeah sure is. he says.
So we drive over(local ad) and as soon as I pull up I can tell it's not same car.
I say to the guy that the car in ad was a gt with cobra rims. At 1st he denied it so I broke out the droid and brought up the ad. All he said, "oh I took those off to put on my new mustang" So I beat him up on the asking price because of all the misleading bs and got it for a good price.

I WOULD NNNEEEVVVEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!! buy a car site unseen.

good luck with your deal though. what ever you decide on.

what a shame

some one like that i would not mind spending a few days in county jail it would be well worth it thats why if i dont see it and drive it i dont buy it sorry man i feel bad for you am sure you work hard for your money :mad: