???? On Pumps For Diy Alchy

Is the one listed in the NORTHERNTOOL website for 59.00 the one to get? It doesn't mention anywhere about it being the S8000 model. That is a good price if it is the correct one.

paul

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Sure you dont mean Steve Hill or Steve Monroe? Check with Steve Wood:D

I meant Steve Hill...:)

Sorry Steve, I didn't forget you, just the name. I still quote your 'atomization is key', so at least I remember some things..:)

Salvage....
...all the Flojets I've tested all run deadheaded ok. They'll run up to their individual max pressure then just sorta chug along. I can't remember the exact current draw but it was on the low side, say maybe 11 or 12.
If you want a nice pump, money no object, get the one from Carrolls Supercharging out of NJ. 973/835-1705. They call it a "high pressure water injection pump", and the only part # I could dig up is A25011. As far as I can tell, this is a custom built, older style, dual chamber Flojet. It can be ordered with any one of 5 cam drives, which increase pressure. I use the next-to-lowest pressure cam, rated for 1.66 GPM (a 1.15 is standard, a 2.35 the highest). This delivers around 85lbs at a sustained flow through four, 1.0mm nozzles, at about 8 amps.

Turbo_Tim.... no problem there. Most people TRY to forget me hahahahahaha
I think we all have valuable experience, opinions and ideas to share. I read all you guys posts and find something of value in just about all of them. I'm no guru, just voicing my own thoughts

darkfa8 & PaulRV6
The SHURFLO pump I bought is Northerntool P/N 2687 ($59.99), The SHURFLO P/N on the pump is 8000-543-236 (i.e. 8000 series). Open flow is 1.8 GPM, 12 VDC, 7.0 Amps Pressure Setting 60 psi.
R-R appears to be running Northerntool P/N 342811 ($44.99). I'm not sure what the specs are other than 40-60 psi. Is it an 8000 series??

I have an 80-100 psi switch and acumulator in the mail, but after last nights discussions with Steve Hill, the switch is history and will be bypassed. I may eliminate the accumulator also. I bought Hobbs switches from NAPA to use on this system. Anyone having any reliability issues with these over the last couple of years??? Anyone running the switches from Dan at OGS Distributing recommended by Jay C on the Hobb Switch thread?
Maynard

All this talk ,,I need some links to look at fellas,,
Thanks
Dennis

hey Salvage....
Have a couple ideas for your deadhead concept. One would use auxiliary relay and solenoid, the other uses the TPS as a trigger.
Send me pvt email if interested.

Originally posted by BADAZZV6
darkfa8 & PaulRV6
The SHURFLO pump I bought is Northerntool P/N 2687 ($59.99), The SHURFLO P/N on the pump is 8000-543-236 (i.e. 8000 series). Open flow is 1.8 GPM, 12 VDC, 7.0 Amps Pressure Setting 60 psi.

THIS IS THE PUMP I'VE USED WITH MY $150 DIY ALKY KIT ON MY CAR FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I NEVER CHANGED THE PRESSURE OUTPUT ON THE SUREFLO........STILL AT 60 PSI. I'M USING THE HIGHLY SOPHISTICATED .032 NOS NOZZLE. I SWITCHED TO METHANOL ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO AND NO PROBLEMS SO FAR. I HAVE NEVER USED ANY LUBES SUCH AS"KLUTZ" IN MY RESERVOIR. I RUN A TE44 AT 24lbs OF BOOST WITH NO KNOCK ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS. ARE ALL THESE HIGH PRESSURES AND HI DOLLAR NOZZLES AND SOLENOID SWITCHES FOR RUNNING 10s? PLEASE EDUCATE ME........ESPECIALLY PEOPLE RUNNING 12s WITH OVER $500 IN THEIR ALKY KIT. :p

Steve H. I do have a NOS alky. solenoid and a highly accurate Boost controlled digital switch with relay that activates my second stage. First stage hits at about 10 psi. with the 1.0GPM nozzle.

Got tons of spare jets I will get the hole size on also. They are the 1.0 and 1.5 GPM units that are in the SMC kits.

I will be emailing you soon, just happen to be at work now. :)

Thanks for the help.

Prolly should start a Flotjet post since we are hijacking this one. ;)

Originally posted by BADAZZV6
darkfa8 & PaulRV6

THIS PUMP IS NOW ON SALE FOR $54.99 FROM NORTHERN TOOL.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
THIS IS THE PUMP I'VE USED WITH MY $150 DIY ALKY KIT ON MY CAR FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I NEVER CHANGED THE PRESSURE OUTPUT ON THE SUREFLO........STILL AT 60 PSI. I'M USING THE HIGHLY SOPHISTICATED .032 NOS NOZZLE. I SWITCHED TO METHANOL ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO AND NO PROBLEMS SO FAR. I HAVE NEVER USED ANY LUBES SUCH AS"KLUTZ" IN MY RESERVOIR. I RUN A TE44 AT 24lbs OF BOOST WITH NO KNOCK ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS. ARE ALL THESE HIGH PRESSURES AND HI DOLLAR NOZZLES AND SOLENOID SWITCHES FOR RUNNING 10s? PLEASE EDUCATE ME........ESPECIALLY PEOPLE RUNNING 12s WITH OVER $500 IN THEIR ALKY KIT. :p

NO TAKERS, I GUESS. :p

Hey RED, there are people that say you are cheap with a buck. I like to think of you as being 'thrifty'! :)

Somebody also said that you like to eat sh!t sandwiches, stay up late at night, and bay at the moon. I stuck up for you. I said I new for a fact that you didn't like bread. :)

There are a lot of people on this board that if they would just take the time and effort to research, and understand how an alchy system worked, could save $100 - 200 bucks and have a very nice system.

Hey if they want the convenience of having it pre-built, more power to them. It's not like they havn't been told...

Red Regal T for Secretary of the Treasury!!!!

quote Red Regal:"ARE ALL THESE HIGH PRESSURES.."
Um, that ShurFlo you're using IS high pressure, your are getting the benefit of it, and, yes, you need it.

quote Red Regal:"AND HI DOLLAR NOZZLES AND SOLENOID SWITCHES FOR RUNNING 10s?"
Ahh the nozzle thing, is it? Don't know what you're using for nozzles but I do know what I have used and I can state there is a difference.

quote same guy:"I RUN A TE44 AT 24lbs OF BOOST WITH NO KNOCK ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS".
Don't doubt it for a second. I run TE-66, 29lbs, 93 octane, no knock, fourth gear, 129mph, yesterday, verified via DS.

Bottom line: there are different ways to arrive at the same place.

Originally posted by Steve Hill
quote Red Regal:"ARE ALL THESE HIGH PRESSURES.."
Um, that ShurFlo you're using IS high pressure, your are getting the benefit of it, and, yes, you need it.

quote Red Regal:"AND HI DOLLAR NOZZLES AND SOLENOID SWITCHES FOR RUNNING 10s?"
Ahh the nozzle thing, is it? Don't know what you're using for nozzles but I do know what I have used and I can state there is a difference.

quote same guy:"I RUN A TE44 AT 24lbs OF BOOST WITH NO KNOCK ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS".
Don't doubt it for a second. I run TE-66, 29lbs, 93 octane, no knock, fourth gear, 129mph, yesterday, verified via DS.

Bottom line: there are different ways to arrive at the same place.

To the first quote about the pressures........I run an unadjusted Sureflo at 60 psi in my $150 alky kit. I was talking about people adjusting up to 100 psi and more. For what reason.....? As I said, I guess to run 10s. It's understandable my kit won't take me into the 10s.

2nd quote: When you do your 129 mph runs, are you running 12s? I don't think so.........er....I hope not. ;)

Bottom line is......no need to spend over $500 for a power adder to go 12s. :cool:

Yessir! And I was sitting in the passenger seat right next to Steve Hill when he was doing 129 mph, trying not to think about what an accident at 129 mph would feel like. :)

We did all the Shurflow testing just yesterday on my car. The Shurflow just pumps and pumps and pumps. Pegged a 100 psi gauge as it spun all the way around to the 0 mark - at least 130 psi when pushing through 4 1.0mm Aquamist nozzles..

Hey Red Regal - there is a difference with high dollar nozzles that atomize well - you need less flow for a given boost/timing/temperature. Believe it. We've done the testing. Even Steve Hill was skeptical about my $16 Aquamist nozzles at first but one look at that atomization and he was hooked.

The other good thing about high pressure and high flow is the fueling factor. You can get lots of extra fuel through your water alky, and run relatively small injectors. So while you might pay more for the water alky system, we've been able to defray the investment in larger injectors (for now).

By the way, as a maintenance note, anyone who runs alky should clean their systems yearly. I just had a solenoid jam up on me due to crud buildup.

Originally posted by DMan
Yessir! And I was sitting in the passenger seat right next to Steve Hill when he was doing 129 mph, trying not to think about what an accident at 129 mph would feel like. :)

We did all the Shurflow testing just yesterday on my car. The Shurflow just pumps and pumps and pumps. Pegged a 100 psi gauge as it spun all the way around to the 0 mark - at least 130 psi when pushing through 4 1.0mm Aquamist nozzles..

Hey Red Regal - there is a difference with high dollar nozzles that atomize well - you need less flow for a given boost/timing/temperature. Believe it. We've done the testing. Even Steve Hill was skeptical about my $16 Aquamist nozzles at first but one look at that atomization and he was hooked.

The other good thing about high pressure and high flow is the fueling factor. You can get lots of extra fuel through your water alky, and run relatively small injectors. So while you might pay more for the water alky system, we've been able to defray the investment in larger injectors (for now).

By the way, as a maintenance note, anyone who runs alky should clean their systems yearly. I just had a solenoid jam up on me due to crud buildup.

I don't think I've made any statements in the preceding posts, that disagreed with anything you said.........unless you say these things are necessary to go 12s. ;)

Originally posted by DMan
You are DMan if you have the nads to run with Steve down the track
:D

Paul I looked at the link. Even though its sold by ProSpray the pump is a Shurflow. Shurflow model 2687 from Northern Tool for $55.