???? On Pumps For Diy Alchy

Dman...not all solenoid valves are rebuildable. The 'big one' I use is a sealed unit and is designed for use with alcohol.
I probably *could break it apart, however, I've had no trouble with it for, what, going on like 5 years now? OTOH, it draws 4.5 amps as opposed to your Aquamist at .9 amps. That's why I was surprised at the low draw.

I'm using Peter-Paul (yes really that's the co. name) solenoid valves. Rated 100psi with an amazingly low .6 amp draw. They came highly recomended by the DSM guys.

This is off the post question but speaking of solenoids, what is the purpose of the solenoid, since doesn't it open same time as pump comes on or is the pump run continuous and the boost press causes the solenoid to open?

Where do you get the Peter-Paul make and how much do they run?

paul

Solenoids allow more than 1 nozzle or you can multi stage your nozzle.
Here is a pic of my Iso setup.
It has a manifold and 2 solenoids that are staged at different boost levels.
BTW, today I dyno'd and the Alky was worth 25 RWHP on 12psi boost on my Gen1 Lightning.
It also allows me to run about 8 more degrees timing on the street. I'm a believer in this stuff.

fc6b45ab.jpg

Why run multistage systems when you can use a MAP based progressive controller..hummmm

:D

back into the lab...

Julio

ok, i am cheap and maybe I missed the answer but what year ford truck do you get the pump off of.
Thanks

zak

Originally posted by ONE_QUIK_6
ok, i am cheap and maybe I missed the answer but what year ford truck do you get the pump off of.
Thanks

zak

You're cheap? That's a good thing. :D I'd suggest you look into getting a Sureflo pump. They cost about $60, pump anything, and last a long, long, time.

I agree, just received one of the shurflow pumps for 62.00 delivered and it looks it will do the trick. Well worth the money.

paul